M*CARBO Brotherhood

Front sight way off?

Hello, this is my first post. I very recently bought a new sub 2k gen 2 in 40 cal. I have modified with the mcarbo slotted rear sight and cheek pad. Out of the box with the stocks sights poi was way to the right and high. I adjusted the front sight. See pic. Pretty extreme to get poi centered up! image|666x500

There was no difference when the mcarbo rear sight was installed. Also, the elevation adjustment took several clicks to bring the poi down as well. I’m ok with that but I’m not ok with the front sight being turned so far to the right to center up the poi. I think the entire front sight assembly is off. Any thoughts? Thanks.

6 Likes

That front site looks like Dez Bryant’s leg. Something ain’t right at all.

5 Likes

Yeah, definitely ain’t right but that’s where I had to adjust to, to get centered up. I hate the front sight situation but I love this gun :+1:t2: Surely, there is something I can do to rectify the front sight.

5 Likes

@bigwaves When holding the firearm does the front site appear to be at a 90 degree angle with respect to the horizon? Or does it appear to be leaning to the left?

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @bigwaves. Mine was the same way out once i got it sighted in. Yes, its visually disturbing, so eventually i will be loosening the sight, so i can rotate it and center the pin better.

6 Likes

BTW… Welcome to the Brotherhood @bigwaves!!!

4 Likes

Welcome,
Just so you know, my SUB2K 9mm front sight was also off somewhat, but the forum folks worked it out with me.
I’m not the person to give advice, but, can say that my first mistake, at least for elevation was that I didn’t have the screw tightened, if not it will move again. When I sorted the elevation out, my windage was off to the left. I was surprised how much two clockwise turns made a difference of ~2.5 - 3" at 25 yards. So definitely you have to get centred to the left, what happens when you turn counter-clockwise?
You will get it sorted out. You came to the right place.
Cheers,

5 Likes

@bigwaves Welcome to the Brotherhood. Use the Search icon on the top right of your screen, looks like a glass magnifier, and type in " front sight adjustment". There are several posts on this question. Good Luck.

3 Likes

Wow, thank for all the responses! For a new guy too. That’s really great.

I’ll check the front sight assembly to see if the whole thing is skewed slightly to the left.

3 Likes

Hey Welcome to the forum…
I had the same trouble on two of my S2K’s, but is fairly easy to fix. In my opinion the spring used to put tension on the elevation/windage post is weak, Keltec should have a used a little beefier spring. You can see the spring inside of the sight housing in the pic here. If it looks like this then the spring is in the right spot, you just have to get your windage screw on the front of the sight housing dialed in correctly. Here is a good video on the front sight that was posted a while back that could help.

4 Likes

@bigwaves Welcome to the forum. My stock front sight was the same way and I didn’t like it with that spring loaded pivot block so I installed a Red Lion Precision flip up front sight…much better.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get it straightened out. I switched to red lion after a year or so. Much better

4 Likes

I took care of another problem caused by the installation of the mcarbo notch rear sight. I needed a taller front sight because the mcarbo notched rear sight is taller than the factory peep sight.

The taller sight is the KNS Precision sight “Square .072 Front Sight .040 Taller” part number SQ072EXT.

5 Likes