M*CARBO Brotherhood

Front Sight Pivot Block

Has anyone upgraded to the Performance Services Front Sight Pivot Block? And if so, what is your experience with it?SX466

4 Likes

@Jperr I had one installed when I still had the stock front sight (now have Red Lion) and it did seam better (less wobble) than the stock pivot block EXCEPT you cannot adjust the sight post down as far as you can on the stock pivot block, it is flat on top.

8 Likes

How easy was it to install?

6 Likes

@Jperr I thought it was easy, just remember the orientation of the pivot spring when removing it so you can reinstall it properly. The detent under the sight post is also spring loaded so be careful when swapping the sight post over to the new pivot block that the detent dosen’t go flyin.

7 Likes

@Jperr
Always be safe! Don’t forget your eyewear… Too easy especially when one ‘figures’ that it is only a two minute ordeal… Blessings.

4 Likes

They offer 2 types for the Gen 2, which one did you have. I just don’t trust the plastic insert with original sub2k and I like the solid block they offer. It should be my last build upgrade. At least for now. I sent them a message still waiting on an answer.

1 Like

@Jager When I bought mine PSM only offered the flat top pivot block which is the one I have (see my pics).

2 Likes

If I just want to change out the front sight post, does anyone know if standard AR posts will fit?

4 Likes

@Kevin1

Yes, standard AR front sight posts fit the S2K front sight…and welcome to the forum.

4 Likes

Thank you. I just installed the MCARBO notch sight (and internal kit) and want to experiment with different posts.

6 Likes

@Kevin1 Blitzkrieg Components sells some pretty cool AR front sight posts, I have the white chevron installed on mine.

4 Likes

I installed one of Blitzkrieg’s posts my self. Not the chevron, but the luminous single line. They are the best imo.

4 Likes

@Jperr @dave67 @Jager @lonewolf I just also installed the Blitzkriegs Orange Single Line,Only because they were out of the Yellow Chevrons, As Brother Lonewolf says Beware of Flying Widgets’
‘‘I’m Not New’’ I knew the Hazards and Precautions to Take and sure as Hell ! We got Flyers in the Gun Room. :rofl:

4 Likes