Forum Suggestions Or Complaints Here

@Flogrown Ah yes, remember free muzzle brakes and trigger bars to top forum users?..those were the good ole days.

5 Likes

@Kona A prize for forum user of the month?..you would have all the t-shirts, hats and stickers. :grinning:

4 Likes

@dave67 haha nah we can leave the staff out of it and no back to back users and such

4 Likes

@Kona Exactly it would really need to be fair to all, but the staff should be included in some way you guys are major contributors to the forum. Maybe you guys could just go head to head each month, I would personally say you guys should each receive something anyhow for your time and efforts

4 Likes

IMO, everyone (I could go either way on staff) should be included for a hat/T-shirt/etc giveaway contest at least once. I think it should be based on participation metrics, though, and not voting. Voting makes it a “popularity contest” and bad blood can easily come from that from what I’ve seen on other forums. Use the impartial numbers, which are clean, clear cut, and tally up automatically. Then just keep track of who’s already won so there’s no doubling up even if they are a top participant time and time again. When we run out of people? Start it all over again. :grinning:

5 Likes

@wedge when I said let the forum pick I meant how it automatically gathers stats, I completely agree voting would become a huge $#it show

2 Likes

@Wedge I agree , there needs to be a uniform method of deciding.
I also think no one should be excluded. Whether you are staff or member, everyone here is a participant and contributor to the forum and the brotherhood

2 Likes

Got it. That’s the same way it’s been done so far. I interepreted “letting the forum pick” as the user base doing the choosing. In reality, the only thing the forum does is track stats and Chris goes right off of that. :+1:

3 Likes

@Wedge it’s my fault poor choice of words, that’s why it’s important to not lose ones temper on the forum,LOL

4 Likes

Definitely. Amen, brother!

3 Likes

I always liked the way @ChrisNelson put it in the Forum rules: we speak as if we’re in room and everyone has a loaded gun. That dynamic changes the whole nature of the conversation, where if someone starts spouting off da ‘F…’ word, might be nothing, but you might have a couple guys reaching for their guns.

3 Likes

@Boomchucker It’s impossible to determine perception of tone in text so even if you mean nothing by it two different people could interpret something said completely different.

3 Likes

I think we all strongly agree in different words, there should be a contest and it should be a fair one :sunglasses: but ultimately, it’s up to @ChrisNelson

2 Likes

Yes, I very much liked that concept as well.

3 Likes

I have a few duplicate stickers I’d like to give away. I’m going to put the top 20 users in a random generator later today and give them away to the winner. This isn’t an official MCARBO contest or anything and id still like @ChrisNelson to give his blessing for an official monthly user giveaway.

5 Likes

Hmmm, I’m still waiting to hear anything back about our photo contest idea awhile back…:thinking:

4 Likes

@Boomchucker they announced the winners on instagram. I don’t think they ever did one specifically for this forum.

3 Likes

Well then, I guess it shows that a good idea born here on the Forum made it to the Big Show! I’m down with that. I’m not on any other social. What do I know…???

4 Likes

@boomchucker I hope you are kidding about people pulling out their guns because somebody is saying a word they don’t like. :scream:

3 Likes

I’m always kidding @godallmighty. Unless I’m not😜

6 Likes