Forum is back up and running. Please provide all feedback on any missing functionality

My sig or title disappeared.

2 Likes

Title shows for me. I don’t think the sigs have ever shown up on mobil.

4 Likes

Well great news! It was not up earlier, it shows on my phone now.

3 Likes

It appears there are tow (2) similar post on the Forum identifying and reporting problematic issues.

Perhaps the Moderators can combine these so we can focus problems/solutions/comments et al?

6 Likes

Some numbers to consider.

I just posted another snack on m-carbo-diner-what-s-for-eats

I started to claw back up the post and here is what I discovered.

There are 1722 entries, of these 1561 images have affectively lost images.

Interestingly enough videos are still intact. VERY strange.

The images appear again at entry 1561, meaning 161 remain unaffected.

Basically we started over. Too bad! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

So I’m Now the Face with no Image’ and I’ve lost My level 3 on the Forum. :joy:

6 Likes

Youll have to go into your profile and reupload a avatar. As for the level 3 loss not sure.

7 Likes

Just petition your case to the higher powers. Im sure your worthy of a quick reinstatement Tony!:wink::beers:

5 Likes

WTH is a Avatar? i’m Still learning the Emotion thing/
Smiley Face thing.
I Hate Computors’ Especially after they came out with OBD 2/3 & Now back up and how to park rear Camera’s “SPARE ME” If Ya can’t Parallel Park then you Flunk and don’t get your Drivers Permit.
:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

8 Likes

The circle with the gray silhouette to the left of your name when you post. You have to upload yours again as they apparently got corrupted when the forum software was updated. You can do this in your profile preferences (menu at upper right corner).

10 Likes

Dont feel alone on the lack of tech knowledge. Allmost everything i know about the internet ive learned on this forum over last several years. Theres several nerds on here :rofl: who know all this mumbo-jumbo.

9 Likes

Hey…I may have found the problem!! at least for me! :grin:

So I tried to load some old jpeg pics today…no luck. I took screen shots of the pictures and reposted…then it worked! :person_shrugging::scream::+1:

Don’t know what that means, but it might help someone with the same issues reposting old pictures…if you still have them saved on your puter :beers:

Try reloading an old pic that’s been lost…if it doesn’t work, take a screenshot of the pic and reload and post if you have success or not :face_with_monocle::+1:

6 Likes

@MountainHunter
Thanks for the testing and updating a workaround for viewing corrupted images.
You actually have proven that these images were mapped on the server and that the original images are flagged so that when purged are logged into the system, just not viewable. It’s weird. IMHO
Thanks

2 Likes

The screenshot is likely .png format which again suggests the main forum software is not loading .jpg images even though they exist and are mapped. If that is the case it should be an easy fix - if anyone is listening.

4 Likes

I believe my screenshot is the same format…so I took another of my post editing of screenshots I posted today…all done on my iPad.

2 Likes

To be sure, right click on the image and click on properties.
This will give your the image format it’s in and other metadata.
Thanks,

3 Likes

Remember I’m a Mac Alien… :alien: No right clicks for me…but when I hit the i in blue in the top bar above the info tab screen …it does show the PNG @JoeFridaySays mentioned.

I’m hesitant to fix some of my old lost pictures without knowing it won’t happen again…:person_shrugging::face_with_monocle:

I’m passing the ball back to you guys…I’m just an old gadgeteer-technotwit or “Hill Jack”…:grin::boom::boom::boom:

2 Likes

I think you just confirmed the problem - assuming anyone in charge gives a rat’s ass which seems unlikely. One would think the powers that be would want to fix this and maintain the utility of the forum. Someone @Kona needs to speak to @ChrisNelson

3 Likes

I thought we just got some geek squad mcarbo guys not long ago who was post be keeping track and handling forum issues?

5 Likes

@JoeFridaySays I’m not a tech guy, but I’ll pass it along.

3 Likes