Forum Cloud Server Upgrade and Backup of 192,593 Posts... Expect Unusual Responsiveness over Next 12 hours. ETA 12pm EST 12/13/22

Forum Cloud Server Upgrade and Backup of 192,593 Posts.
Expect Unusual Responsiveness over Next 12 hours.
ETA 12pm EST 12/13/22
Much needed upgrade that is long overdue. Thank you for your patience.

7 Likes

Thank you all for reporting the early signs of a much larger set of problems that were thankfully avoided! Always appreciate the detailed reporting! Nice work.

@CatFood

@Festus

@Dred

@HandyDave

@Thatoneguy

@TexasEskimo

@Texprep

@MountainHunter

@em44052

@jeffing65

@Moosecall

@Burt

@Eskimo_In_TX

@Savage636

@DirtSalior

12 Likes

Ho Ho Ho…:eye::beers:

5 Likes

Hey Brotherhood, I ended up flying solo on this Cloud Server Upgrade. The forum was down for a few hours this morning because I broke it…The outside help we had hired to make the move for us never did anything and dropped the ball on this much needed upgrade… Needless to say I had to fix it… basically like this.
Fix it with a hammer
I tried this method as well and seems to be working now…
JDAM City
NailedIT

10 Likes

There may be a few missing images or things that are jacked up… post them here and I’ll get the rest of the team to assist on them tomorrow. Please Tag @Lucas-MCARBO and @CarlosMCARBO

7 Likes

The Good News… is that now the Forum is running on 32 GB RAM, 8 vCPUs, 640 GB SSD compared to the previously bare bones 2 GB RAM, 1 vCPU, 60 GB SSD

9 Likes

Sorry… but really, no need to publicly humiliate me. I spent the entire week trying to install my new S2K Integrated “Tool-less” Locking Pin. So, there’s that.

Also, should I try and deposit that check you sent again? Thanks.

6 Likes

Haha… Maybe I should have asked you to help with this! Are you familiar with AWS Lightsail?

5 Likes

Architecture or Development? Because, it matters.

FYI… As a baseline for my skillset, I still have velco straps on my sneakers.

5 Likes

@Kona What is my latest Lifetime Ban score? Don’t want to go over the edge just yet. Thanks!

5 Likes

@ChrisNelson Have all the images posted in the past been lost, or can you recover them? Lots of good history and education in those images. The “search” will be pretty useless without them.
Not complaining, just wondering. :us_outlying_islands:

7 Likes

Searching only finds txt results, but…
At least if a Searcher requests, its possible for the o.p.'s to re-post the images if asked.
I mean all my steak pictures are saved, whats more important than those???:drooling_face::joy:

4 Likes

The problem with that is there’s a lot of past members that are no longer active

4 Likes