Form 1 finally approved!

Took just over 7 months but finally got notification today my form 1 was approved for my AR Pistol!

I don’t think I’m going to put a stock on it. But I am tempted to put a vertical grip on it…

8 Likes

7 months isn’t too bad. My brother filed his form 4 in March and was finally able to pick up his cans on the 14th

1 Like

Holy smokes 7 months for a form 1?

I submitted 3 form 1’s between dec 20 and Jan 21. The longest took 45 days I believe. 2 suppressors and an SBR. Efile with a trust.

Enjoy the sbr it’s fun as hell.

6 Likes

@MrMachinist I didn’t realize that a form 1 usually processes that quickly. I figured that everything with the ATF took months

2 Likes

@SteveE 7 months?! Geez! Why?! Both my Form 1’s took 27 days each. I have a 3rd that’s at day 20. Why did you form 1 it not to put a stock on it? Unless it’s an NFA item, depending on your locality you can build non-NFA guns without going through the ATF.

5 Likes

Stuck in background check processing probably because I’m an immigrant.

As far as the stock goes, maybe at some point. I filed the Form 1 so the gun would be legal regardless of any changes to the classification of braces.

2 Likes

I was going to ask why then, but that explains it. :+1:

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Well there you go. I replaced the tail hook brace with an Armaspec Gen II XPDW Stock. Still waiting on my vertical grip

7 Likes