M*CARBO Brotherhood

For The Love Of Pets!

Took Callie about a month of watching me fill the feral/stray feeding station from a distance. Then one day there she was rubbing up against me from out of nowhere.
She’s now an inside cat who follows me around like a puppy and loves petting, rolly-polys and sleeping on me. (She’s named Callie cuz we use nicknames to identify the cats who visit, like Dixie2, Scarface, Clipear, Ringo and Spot. Callie was just short for Calico.

10 Likes

Still got the new stray female calico cat on the mountain.

I call her Ki Ki…short for kitty kitty. She sleeps under the bed so far.

9 Likes

News flash : 99% of Calico cats are FEMALE !

3 Likes

Meet the men…:sunglasses:

8 Likes

Chuffs, short for Chuck.

8 Likes

‘Ricky’ the feral yellow tiger now shows up daily for his feeding. He still will hiss louder than any cat I’ve ever been around-even whilst rubbin’ yer ankles-but has become downright demanding in his quest that he be fed. He almost followed ‘Lucy’ in the door tonight but once he saw the two heathen dogs he quickly thought better of it. Once I can figure out how to get pics off of a flip phone I’ll post pics of the two ‘Ricardo’ cats.

8 Likes

@SnuffySmiff if you can you go into your photos on the phone press share then gmail or which ever you choose and email them to your self then go to your computer and on to your emails then go into your message and download it , hope this helps its the way i do it :thinking: :smiley:

6 Likes

Looking forward to seeing them…ALL of them…:cat::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Jubei (pronounced Ju-bay) my cuddle bug. 12.5 years old and very little grey fur

8 Likes

11 Likes

12 Likes

Calico cat

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search

A cat with a calico pattern

Calico cat sisters

A calico cat is a domestic cat of any breed with a tri-color coat. The calico cat is most commonly thought of as being typically 25% to 75% white with large orange and black patches (or sometimes cream and grey patches); however, the calico cat can have any three colors in its pattern. They are almost exclusively female except under rare genetic conditions. Calico is not to be confused with a tortoiseshell, which has a mostly mottled coat of black/orange or grey/cream with relatively few to no white markings. However, outside North America, the calico pattern is more usually called tortoiseshell and white [ citation needed ]. In the province of Quebec, Canada, they are sometimes called chatte d’Espagne (French for ‘(female) cat of Spain’). Other names include brindle , tricolor cat , mikeneko (三毛猫) (Japanese for ‘triple fur cat’), and lapjeskat (Dutch for ‘patches cat’); calicoes with diluted coloration have been called calimanco or clouded tiger . Occasionally, the tri-color calico coloration is combined with a tabby patterning; this calico-patched tabby is called a caliby .[1]

“Calico” refers only to a color pattern on the fur, from colorful printed Calico fabric, not to a cat breed or any reference to any other traits, such as its eyes.[2] Among the breeds whose formal standards allow calico coloration are the Manx cat, American Shorthair, Maine Coon, British Shorthair, Persian cat, Arabian Mau, Japanese Bobtail, Exotic Shorthair, Siberian, Turkish Van, Turkish Angora and Norwegian Forest cat.

Because the genetic determination of coat colors in calico cats is linked to the X chromosome, calicos are nearly always female, with one color linked to the maternal X chromosome and a second color linked to the paternal X chromosome.[2][3] In most cases, males are only one color (for instance, black) as they have only one X chromosome. Male calicoes can happen when a male cat has two X chromosomes (Klinefelter syndrome, with XXY sex chromosomes and generally sterile); is a chimera, with two different cell types;[4] or, rarely, when some skin cells of the developing kitten spontaneously mutate.

Some calico cats can also be overall lighter in color— dilute calicos . Fairly common among calicos[ citation needed ], dilutes are distinguished by having grey (known as blue), cream and gold colors instead of the traditional black, red and brown patches along with their white.

7 Likes

My beloved “tortoiseshell” Topaz…she is missed. :joy::joy::joy:

10 Likes

Speaking of nail clippers-I’m looking for 4 to 5 burly individuals to assist me in the clipping of my Catahoula/pitbull’s toenails. I am fully willing to cover all medical expenses incurred by this endeavor but it would be helpful if said volunteers had their own medical coverage. A background in college and or Greco-Roman wrestling would also be most helpful. Will supply full-body chain mail garments along with a small shark cage. Adequate compensation will be provided for the right individuals along with a possible hazardous duty bonus. Please provide resume including body measurments and full background info.

13 Likes

@SnuffySmiff, sounds like trying to do my dogs nails. Don’t care what you do, you come at him with clippers he goes ballistic. We actually give him doggy downers and use a toenail grinder to do his. Even given the downers, you come at him with clippers he pushes through the drugs and comes back to life. The easiest way to keep them trimmed is long regular walks on concrete.

9 Likes

Yup! That’s him to a ‘T’! It is actually quite comical to watch him when I tease him by trying to grab his paws. But he is so friggin’ strong!!! When he was younger it took both of the former owners to hold him down to clip them. Now that he’s fully grown that is now impossible with just two people.

8 Likes

One of the only ways to get chuffs on my lap, a box.

9 Likes

Ki Ki still doesn’t get on my lap. :joy::joy::joy:
What is it about cardboard boxes and paper bags they like so much? :face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

its with a very heavy heart for me , over the weekend i had to get my buddy my friend who kept me and my home safe for past nearly 9 years i had to get him put to sleep he was still young and healthy but due to an out of caracter incedient in which he attacked and badly bit my brother just over a week ago i had no choice im heart broken so is martina my partner
may he rest in peace
:pray:

BORU
A.K.A BOO BOO
R.I.P.

12 Likes

Sorry to hear about your loss.

7 Likes