M*CARBO Brotherhood

For The Love Of Pets!

Having a good pet reminds me there is still something good in this world. My dog is my most trusted, loyal companion. No matter how bad things get, my dog is always there to lift me up.

8 Likes

@Texprep

I grew up with a hybrid wolf and a couple of shepherds. They meant everything to me. After my 1st marriage, I became a nomad/gypsy, if I may? I lost my ‘support system!’ Of course after a ‘few years gone by,’ it’s my wife and 3 cats… Big smiles!

6 Likes

@Texprep Always that unfailing thing that is unique.

4 Likes

i hear ya mate and they always seem to know when you need that lift @Texprep

5 Likes

No, he won’t be there one day and that’s the sad thing. Sorry to be a downer, but I just went through this.

4 Likes

Never leave home without a retriever and a Glock 43. IMG_3548

9 Likes

I understand I will probably out live my dog, but while he is here we will be there for eachother. This is my 3rd lab in the last 30+ years. It my sound a lititle morbid, but the last was cremated after he died, this one will be too. The urns will be buried with me when I die, they will always be by my side. That is if my heirs want their inheritance.

7 Likes

Sorry for the loss of your companion. I may be a little weird, but the loss of a pet seems to hit me harder than the loss of persons.

8 Likes

We had our first retriever cremated and it’s on my wife’s office desk. They often don’t live very long because of cancer but we will always have one in our family.

9 Likes

I absolutely understand that completely. Not weird at all to me.

9 Likes

this is Varnell, an Abyssinian (he’s named after Varnell, Ga.)

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

8 Likes

@linux_author

I would love an Abyssinian! They are a cool breed!!!

2 Likes

sorry to hear that thats the thing they end up being part of the family and when they go the feeling of grief is the same as losing a human member time will heal but they will never be forgotten @Wedge

3 Likes

boru my dog does like his comforts at times

9 Likes

@hunter1916
I cannot seem to make his breed out… Is he a german shepherd? I have owned hybrid wolves in my ‘younger days.’ I LOVE the german shepherd breed!!! They are a wonderful working breed/companion. We are ready to train and bring up another puppy (I ‘think?’) My wife hasn’t had a dog in over 7 years. I am too embarrassed to say how long it has been for me… We have three cats with wonderful personalities. Luna, the resident ‘lap cat’ can spend an entire day laying on my chest when I am on my laptop. We adopted her 3 years ago at a powwow we were vending. She was the runt of her litter (and NOW ‘queen’ of the household!) I will have to have my wife picture her being on my chest while on the laptop… :grinning:

3 Likes

@lonewolf no not german shepatd he’s across between a collie and an akita i have two cats myself

5 Likes

That seems like an interesting ‘mixed’ breed? I am sure he is smart one?

5 Likes

I’ve met a lot of dogs in my life that I liked a whole lot better than many of the people of met. Dedicated, loyal and honest, not so many people with those traits these days.

13 Likes

He is smart alright he has me wrapped around his paw :grinning::grinning::grinning:

9 Likes

@Dane
I totally agree with you…

5 Likes