M*CARBO Brotherhood

First time at the Range, Proud Dad!

Took my 12yo son to the range yesterday, We shot his BB gun for a little while. He a crack shot with that thing!
After that I started shooting the S2K, after a while I asked him is he would like to try one. I was kinda surprised he said yes. So I got his first time shooting a real gun on video and it was the S2K with M*CARBO parts :slight_smile: !!
His shot was about 3" away from the center of our target at 25yards. He was nervous though when anticipating the shoot, thats natural. .17BB to 9mm! He didn’t want to shoot it anymore but I don’t want to force it on him anyways. I think a 22 is in order!
Cheers,
-Lou

23 Likes

Well played! Yep, a nice /22lr is in his future.

13 Likes

Always a fun time to introduce kids to shooting.

My son started with a BB gun at 4, then a pellet rifle, then .22lr and .410. A couple years ago I got him a youth .223 to hunt with and last year he did skeet shooting in 4-H so he got a semi auto 20g. He has shot a few of my bigger guns but he admits he’s not ready for them.

He just turned 11 but he’s huge for his age and very mature. He is currently earning parts for an AR with grades and good deeds.

Don’t rush him and keep him interested at his pace. Hopefully he stays interested in shooting.

17 Likes

@louie088 he,s young if he’s interested in shooting just encourage him without force he will eventually decide for himself what he wants to shoot like we all do

13 Likes

Thank you all for the kind words and advice :slight_smile:
-Lou

11 Likes

That’s awesome my 10 year old shot mine a few weeks ago too… lol said he wants one… smh… i think it’s great to introduce them to firearms and train them right.

12 Likes

that’s awesome he shot your S2K, Ruger 10/22 would be a nice .22LR for him to start with. I have always encouraged my children firearm safety and how to shoot. They are both grown now. One owns a handgun and the other still has his .22 LR Savage.

7 Likes

That’s great Timbo. I didn’t grow up around any firearms. Was always curious. Teaching my children basic gun safety is important to me.
Cheers!
-Lou

8 Likes

love it!
Took one of my 8yr olds out last week for his first time firing an actual firearm. He helped hang some pop cans, and water filled 2 liters, which i prefer to paper, because they are way more fun to watch dance !!
20200411_154532|690x326
This is my third kid so far out of 5 to start shooting. Its still surreal, because i still remember my first outings with my dad. Not to mention the talks about why we shoot, and how control of our intentions and actions are fundamental to success. These are the things that make life worthwhile!

8 Likes

@Stircrayzy Thats great! Looks like he is having a great time! Stay safe out there :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yea he wants to keep it now​:joy::joy:

7 Likes

We built a hog trap a few weeks ago at the deer lease and my 11 year old always wants to carry the sub now…

8 Likes

@MrMachinist trapping swine is one of my favs. Quite the rush when you grab those hind legs flip it on side and hurl your knee in it’s neck. That’s the scary part

6 Likes