M*CARBO Brotherhood

First Sub 2000!

Picked up my first Sub 2000 today in 9mm. Have always been curious about them. Been playing around with it today and ordered a couple things from Mcarbo. Cheek tube cover, butt pad and recoil buffer. My only question is how thick is the tube cover? As it is the rear sight is quite low when I look through it, I only see the front sight in the upper half of the circle. I saw they had a rear sight but wasn’t certain if it was taller, it just seemed to be able to fold down. Thanks y’all!

I only added the 3 exclamation marks because it said title had to have 15 characters.

13 Likes

Welcome to the club Steven @Texinmaine .!!!
The installed tube cover will match the diameter of the butt stock plastic, mayber .030 higher. Its not really enough to hurt the already too low, sight picture.

7 Likes

@Texinmaine Bolt tube cover is only less than 1/8th in. thick.
I’d bet that you will find that it’s not near as much fun to shoot until you install the Mcarbo optic mount with a red dot(Romeo 5 was my choice.)

7 Likes

Welcome and congrats! I also recently purchased a 9mm rifle. I love it. I installed the recoiless charging handle and the tube cover. It is not as thick as you may think. I feel that it helps me align my eyes down the sight more naturally. It is way more comfortable and a smart, easy upgrade!

6 Likes

Thanks gentlemen. Since installing the recoilless charging handle have you noticed that is become picky with certain ammo?

4 Likes

I have the recoiless ch.handle, and no issues. Even shoots light charge reloads that dont cycle reliably in my Glock23/19.

6 Likes

Valid question since I haven’t fired it since the install. I came across some ammo, and now I’ll be headed to the range soon. I currently live in southern Mississippi and it’s brutally hot outside. I look forward to cooler weather for sure!

6 Likes

The MCarbo rear sight is a bit taller vs. the factory one, which is great. Also their sight is wider, which is better for target acquisition. The tube cover is excellent, as is the simple cover for the charging handle. Adding a red dot with the optic mount is a huge upgrade, as mgmargate said. The optic mount is a genius design IMO, and installing it + the red dot took almost no time. Way cooler now, and much more natural shooting position vs. the iron sights.

4 Likes

Welcome @Texinmaine I know you’ll enjoy the s2k! Fun little gun. As others have started, the mcarbo rear sight is slightly taller. The internals mcarbo offer make tree s2k even funner, just do them all at once.

6 Likes

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!
Mine will handle anything I have sent through it so…mostly my own reloads.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I hated the low profile sights so I ordered a rotating foregrip that allows you to attach an optic with riser if needed, and you can rotate the foregrip to still fold the gum blaster.

7 Likes

Looks good! Is that the same brand name’s folding front sight?

4 Likes

I run the recoiless handle and a heavy bolt (and the recoil buffer) and it cycles fine. It did not like some aluminum ammo I had, but idk if it was those things, the 30rd mags or even the feed ramp needing done or just the aluminum ammo.

5 Likes

@Texinmaine
Yes, welcome.
SUB2K fun to shoot, ammo is cheap, accurate as well. IMHO
Encouraging you check out and join in on the monthly target shoot.
Cheers,

6 Likes

Yes, it is the red Lion folding front sight and an Mcarbo folding rear sight

4 Likes

I went the whole nine yards and put the full MCARBO setup on my 2000 9mm. So glad I did. Trigger is wonderful, recoil much reduce (wasn’t that bad anyway), and the folding sight platform and a red dot makes it a super accurate fun gun, in fact, I have to buy another because my wife has laid claim to this one; with the red dot she can put the 30 rd mag in a 4 inch group at 15 yards (I know, not stellar but perfect for her).

13 Likes

Welcome to the show @fmpros
You and the Misses should check out the monthly mail in matches we have for your (hers) Sub2K.

6 Likes

How does that work? Be interested in looking at it.

6 Likes

Also, just an FYI. I pulled the Sub2000 apart a few times doing all the installs. The new bolts/pins at the receiver worked loose and I got a surprise spray in the face one day firing. When loose the plastic halves open a little exposing the bolt face. Some blue loktite fixed it up.

6 Likes

9 Likes