M*CARBO Brotherhood

First Shots With The New Pad And Cover...Sights Next?

I went with the Blitzkrieg orange chevron sight. Really like their sights. Easy to install and you pick them up very quickly when sighting them. A vast improvement over the plain black post sights.
7 Likes

I like that orange spike…thinkin’ I’ll look for the tritium options and drill the rear sight.

3 Likes

Went to the Blitzkrieg site but am not seeing anything for the SUB 2k there…is the front post an AR compatible post?

2 Likes

Yea the gen 2 sub2k use a standard ar front post. The ones blitzkrieg has will drop right in.

3 Likes

If you get one of the chevrons, they recommend their sight tool because the sight post is pretty wide and a standard ar sight tool wont work for them.

3 Likes

Read my mind…the chevron design is much easier to see. Ordering today!

2 Likes

If you’re familiar with changing the sight post on an AR, it’s pretty easy. Just be sure to be careful pulling the old post, there is a small spring under it that will shoot out if you’re not careful.

6 Likes

@Dane

I believe you have a ‘rogue’ sentence in your post above? That ‘may’ be why your post is showing a bar that a reader has to push in order to see your complete comment…

3 Likes

I drilled out my factory sight to 17/64 and added the blitzkrieg orange chevron. Still haven’t been able to install all my MCarbo parts because I messed up my hands a week ago and can’t bend 3 of ten fingers

4 Likes

7 Likes

Got my orange chevron on the way and the drilling happens tomorrow cause it’s raining all day and I get to stay home from work.

4 Likes

Also got my quick release riser in and mounted an inexpensive red dot on it. Fits in the case off the rifle so it will still fold. Had this one on a 44 magnum single shot for months then on my Charger .22 so I know it will hold up fine on the rifle. Couple of my friends told me it wouldn’t last 10 minutes on the 44, but it surprised us all and remained dead-on accurate over hundreds of rounds.

Got new batteries for the laser and got it mounted under the barrel on the bottom rail. Sighting both in this weekend.

image2-3
image1-5

3 Likes

You’ll have to explain that in more detail please. I’m much better with guns than I am with computers.

2 Likes

I went with the Mcarbo peep sight and the orange chevron. Allows for really fast pickup of the front sight and a fine aiming point. Your pictures demonstrate that very well. It’s one thing to hear someone’s recommendation, but seeing is believing!
When installing I didn’t know how far I should screw in the chevron, but must have gotten lucky because when I shot it at 25yds the elevation was perfect. Just had to make a minor adjustment to the right and it was dead on.

6 Likes

I used KNS AR sight pack. It came with various sight thicknesses and some with little ball on end. I choose thinnest filed the ball off and files end to a point. Painted it orange and installed.

Sight thickness minimizes down range field of view.

Aim small miss small

2 Likes