M*CARBO Brotherhood

First Post Here: Introduce Yourself!

@Allenm61

Welcome to the M*CARBO Brotherhood in Arms and thank you for your service. A great group and no drama. Enjoy your visit.

@Hammerheadrpr (Robert)

Welcome to the MCarbo Forum.

This is a great forum with lots of friendly and knowledgeable people.

I am retired, too. Fun way to spend some time enjoying MCarbo.

@Allenm61 welcome to the brotherhood allenm61, and welcome home brother!

Thank You JB

Much App

@Allenm61 Welcome to the Brotherhood and thank you for your service.

Hey Folks, just joining here. Active Lt Col in the USAF; I’m a Kel-Tec KSG junkie with Kimber tendencies. Looking forward to discussing how to upgrade the KSGs (have a 12 and a 25) as well my numerous ARs.

Stationed here in VA.

Thanks folks - Talk soon.

• JW

@jdub722 welcome Jdub772 , thanx for your continuing vigilance @service

@jdub722

Welcome to the M*CARBO Brotherhood and thank you for your service. Great place to be and very knowledgeable people.

@jdub722 Welcome to the Brotherhood Joshua. Thank you for your Air Force service.

@jdub722 Welcome to the Brotherhood and thank you for your service. Look forward to seeing on the forum.

Hi to all. New to the site but not to shooting. I’m retired Military (Air Force) 20 years, Vietnam Vet (Jun 66-Dec 67) and Retired Law Enforcement 22 years, I build ARs and long range Tactical rifles. I’m fortunate to have access to a 1000 yard range in south west Georgia to put my rifles through their paces. I’ve been a reloader for over 45 years. I’m completely retired now and devote just about all my free time to loading and shooting. I recently built a 6.5 Creedmoor heavy barrel and am working up loads for it. To date, I’ve had it out to 300 yards and so far, with Hornady 140 grain BTHPs over 41 grains of IMR5350 it’s a solid 3/4 MOA rifle. Glad to be here and realize I’m not too old to learn from forum members.

welcome to the brotherhood GaCop, thankya for yer service brother

Thank you sir! Been retired from the military since 1985 and law enforcement since 2008. I have to admit, I miss working LE at times!

@GaCop

Welcome to M*CARBO Brotherhood and thank you for your service. I am a former GA transplant. Hail from Newborn, GA! Big smiles.

Thanks Lonewolf! I’m in central Georgia, Warner Robins.

@GaCop

Right on, Tom! My brother in law retired from there. He ‘transplanted’ to Colorado Springs after his 20. I myself worked at GM in Sandysprings until relocation offer to Ithasca, Il. A few years later, and failed marriage found myself in Balt, Md. (too big city for me and gun laws tough!) Big smiles.

I retired from the base in Dec 85 and went to work for Warner Robins PD Jan 86. Stayed with them for 10 years and took a better job with Centerville PD becoming their firearms training officer and setting up their entire training program. Retired from there as Captain, Chief Investigator.

@GaCop

Tom, I cannot imagine what it is like to hold that kind of position and then retire! You must be ‘scratching at the door’ to get back into the field again? I have a hard time keeping myself busy and a disability took me out of the race… But you know what that is like… Survival mode kicks and you won’t be taken out without kicking and screaming yourself! Big smiles!

Yeah, I miss working cases. I stay busy as much as I can reloading and working on my guns and building others. I belong to a club in Dublin Georgia and shoot there at least two days a week. Our club rifle range goes to 300 yards and when I want to shoot farther, I go to my friend’s place in Cuthbert Ga and shoot on his 1000 yard range. I’m 72 and still walk 5 miles every day (weather permitting) I used to run 5 miles but my emphysema got worse in 2015 and I had to resort to walking for exercise. I also have cancer but don’t let that slow me down one bit…….so far. I’m originally from Wisconsin but left there in 1985 when I enlisted. My first Christmas in Vietnam cured my of ever wanting to live anywhere I had to move weather with a shovel! I don’t envy you living in the peoples republik of Mass!

@GaCop Welcome to the Brotherhood Tom. Thank you for your Air Force and LEO service.