M*CARBO Brotherhood

First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! 🌈

@Realist Welcome to the Brotherhood Robert. Thank you for your L.E.O. service.

6 Likes

@Realist Welcome aboard from Radio Free Kaliforniastan. Feel free to join our monthly match,
December's Match Target

7 Likes

@Lifelongshtr Welcome to the M*Carbo Gang! Ah yes DeNang 66 and a good Time was had by All.

6 Likes

What do you mean by monthly match? Thanks

3 Likes

We have a match, targets change monthly. Basic rules and basic Divisions. Just for fun. Five rounds per target in all Divisions. Open to all forum members and their spouse, children and grand children (18 and younger) A link… December's Match Target

4 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Vendor issues?/Scams?

@Realist Welcome to the Brotherhood Robert.

4 Likes

Hi All. Joined the Brotherhood today after ordering an M-series Sub 2000. Being a lifelong hunter, I already have safes filled with hunting rifles and SxS shotguns. And living in Maine bear country, I carry a handgun every day. (Usually a 1911) I never saw any need for a PCC, what I viewed as a toy - too big to be a practical handgun, too weak to be a practical rifle. I shoot Cowboy Fast Draw and Cowboy Action - so need for a modern PCC.

I WAS WRONG! Well, about one very important thing; With the exception of my handguns, none of the rest of my firearms would ever be considered “packable”.

After researching PCC’s, the Sub 2000 checked all the boxes. I found one in a local shop, and it was no toy! So I read all the reviews, and watched all the videos. I made a list of all the things on the Sub I would change, and then I found M*CARBO!

Chris builds the gun I would build! And his dedication and enthusiasm was convincing. M*CARBO is a business I want to support. I never had the honor of serving our country, but I will defend her until my last breath any way required of me.

MCARBO supports those who have made it possible for guys like me to live free, and for that I will support MCARBO!

Woodbutcher

13 Likes

@Woodbutcher Welcome to the Brotherhood Jon. Enjoy your M-series Sub2K. Don’t forget to stock up on plenty of ammo for it too. :wink:

8 Likes

@Woodbutcher welcome to the forum jon

5 Likes

@Woodbutcher Welcome to the Brotherhood Jon.

5 Likes

WOULDNT that be p64 Radom? Sorry but I remember a firearm called a Radom and that sucker was big. I did look for it on YouTube and now I see the firearm you refer to I believe. I also grew up in the wheel gun era. Man I bought my first 1911 a Colt! Man I look at it. Pretty regularly and wonder what was John Browning’s diet! Such imagination! Our generation is really fortunate. Still I’m way more leaned toward a wheel gun if I have a choice in a serious situation. Second strike on a new cartridge will always give you the edge but capacity is a luxury! CHOICES! Options! Variety!

2 Likes

NG here. Thanks for this site and the great storefront. I’ve spent years carrying my Sig 938 but have always been hesitant to shoot it because of the heavy and inconsistent trigger. I’m looking forward to receiving my M*CARBO spring kit and, hopefully, the improved shoot-ability of my 938.
Blessings…

11 Likes

@Spurs6 Welcome to the M*Carbo Gang’ Enjoy !

8 Likes

Welcome to the MCarbo brotherhood from a fellow Texan. As a Texan I will also forgive you for being a Spurs fan.

7 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Michael. I must be the only guy that got a 938 with a decent trigger out of the box - it’s only 3lb 11oz - light enough I have to watch it doesn’t double-fire on me. Polish the hammer and sear and it’s butter smooth.

8 Likes

I too have the Sig 938 and installed the Mcarbo spring kit. It dropped the trigger pull from 6-7 lbs to about 4. I also swapped out the stock trigger for a Grayguns. The stock trigger tends to pinch when firing it. The Grayguns resolved that issue and has a better geometry.

7 Likes

Thanks, Texprep…being you were in the CG and not the military, you can be forgiven for thinking that my old cavalry call sign was a shout out to a bunch of guys in short pants from San Antonio. :rofl: I’m looking forward to learning more from all of you.

7 Likes

Thank you, phuzzy42. I bought that polishing kit with the spring kit. I’ve worked on rifles and full-sized pistols but this is my first venture into toying with a micro.
This 938 of mine seems to have a variable-pull trigger. Occasionally it feels light and crisp but is usually heavy and gritty. The pistol is kept clean and wet and has never jammed but it isn’t fun to shoot given the trigger characteristics.

8 Likes

Thank you. I’ll look at greyguns…

5 Likes