M*CARBO Brotherhood

First Post Here: Introduce Yourself!

Been too long since I checked this thread so I am WAY behind in welcoming the new members. To make it simple Welcome to the Zoo Y’all. Looking forward to reading anything anyone wants to post. Y’all take care, be safe and keep your powder dry
Tom

8 Likes

@Iceman Welcome to the Brotherhood. Thank you for your service to your country.

5 Likes

Hi I’m Justin. I’m new here. I don’t get to shoot much cause my wife and I are truck drivers. I just started to be home on weekends. I do own a number of guns. I have just got a sub 2000 gen 2 in 9mm. I’ve wanted one for awhile. I bought several mcarbo upgrades and can’t wait to try them. Living in East tx I thought would be the perfect truck gun while at home. I do carry a Glock 43 and so does my wife. We are checking to see if we can legally carry in our semi truck or not. We run a lot to New Jersey Pennsylvania Kentucky etc. would feel better if had something with us. Well glad to be here and God bless all of you and God bless this great country.

7 Likes

Jersey - mag limiting and no hollow points
New York - not even worth it

I tried to visit a friend in NY and ultimately decided to fly. My friend is LEO so I just let him know he was my carry.

No other serious problem states from TX to MD - VA is sure try’n to make up for lost infringements.

6 Likes

@Justin Welcome to the Brotherhood

6 Likes

It takes Glock 17 mags. What is the restriction. I don’t do New York. My Glock 43 only holds 6.

3 Likes

@Justin Here is a little info about New Jersey gun laws.

New Jersey prohibits any person from transporting, possessing or having a firearm in his or her control in a motor vehicle, unless the firearm is unloaded and contained in a closed and securely fastened case, or locked in the trunk.1 The state also prohibits any person from possessing in a motor vehicle any shotgun or rifle loaded with ammunition or missiles of any kind for the purpose of hunting or attempting to hunt any bird or animal.

In terms of reciprocity , New Jersey does not honor permits from any other states.

7 Likes

Thx @godallmighty that really helps. I wanna at least carry my pistol with us just in case. The world is going down hill and I don’t trust anyone out here :scream:

6 Likes

@Justin A little more info out of New Jersey

Declaratory Judgment Sought in NJ’s Carry Permit Scheme, Violates Full Faith & Credit

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/01/declaratory-judgment-sought-in-njs-carry-permit-scheme-violates-full-faith-credit/#ixzz6BDXuykLc
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

EATONTOWN, NJ – -(AmmoLand.com)- The U.S. Constitution’s Full Faith and Credit Clause (Article IV, Section 1) requires that states respect the “public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state.” Yet, New Jersey refuses to recognize any other state’s licenses to carry a handgun.

Charles McDowell of Georgia and Thomas Muller of Delaware possess judicial court Orders granting them licenses to carry weapons. Their Orders were issued by judges in judicial proceedings by state courts, just as New Jersey’s licenses to carry are also issued by judges.

Based on the above, the law firms of Evan F. Nappen Attorney at Law, P.C. and Giaramita Law Offices, P.C. have brought a Civil Rights Action in the United State District Court, New Jersey, on behalf of McDowell and Muller against NJ Attorney General Gurbir Grewal and every NJ County Prosecutor.

Plaintiffs seek a declaratory judgment that McDowell’s and Muller’s judicial Orders granting license to carry weapons be honored in New Jersey pursuant to Full Faith and Credit.

“This case is the first step in gaining reciprocity by making New Jersey’s handgun permit system more reasonable and in step with the overwhelming majority of States in the US,” said Evan F. Nappen, Esq. “This case potentially breaks New Jersey’s stranglehold on permits to carry a handgun by opening the door for good people to carry again in New Jersey.”

5 Likes

When did you service?

5 Likes

I was in the USCG from ‘79 until I retired from COMLANTAREA in ‘97. I also did 4 years in the Army prior to the USCG. When did you serve?

6 Likes

My fun begun 1982. After “A” school Northland, Thetis, Gallatin, few groups in between and retired ESU Portsmouth R21 in 2010. Good times!

6 Likes

I too worked for ESU Ports (ESDD LANTD5) from ‘97 until ‘17 when I retired for the second time from civil service. Small world, eh?

5 Likes

Yes it is a small world. One of the things I liked about the CG.

5 Likes

@Kinjun Welcome to the Brotherhood.

4 Likes

@Iceman Welcome to the Brotherhood.

4 Likes

@Justin Welcome to the Brotherhood.

5 Likes

@ALL…Welcome here to you and your families. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Hello and greetings. You can call me Gregory. I am retired on disability (both SSDI and VA). Married to my lovely wife Gemma. No children but just try to set a good example for my nephew and any others I meet in life.

1. Lately I have been shooting 22’s with a Savage 64FVXP, Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite and resent acquisition of a LCP II 22LR for fun. May try to compete later this year. I also keep up serious practice on my .380 and 9mm handguns. My wife shoots a S&W M&P 22 Compact and we enjoy range time together.
  2. Currently working on 2nd Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite. Customizing with Tandemkross, Volquartsen and other parts.
  3. I am US Navy Veteran and 2nd Amendment Patriot.
  4. As mentioned I currently do not shoot competitions but plan to shortly.
  5. I do not currently own a sub-2000 but have my eye on the Kel-Tec Gen II 9mm. Maybe Christmas 2020.
    I look forward to being in this forum and wish all a productive and safe New Year.
6 Likes

@GChastain Welcome to the Brotherhood. Thank you for your service to your country.

4 Likes