M*CARBO Brotherhood

First Look! New SUB-2000 Hinge Optic Mount - Prototype

@ChrisNelson Lower 1/3 Cowitness has my vote.

My “vote” is for Absolute co-witness

Absolute has my vote

@ChrisNelson that looks pretty sweet! I would vote for lower 1/3 cowitness, but either would be fine! I can’t wait to get my hands on one!!

@ChrisNelson

Could the picatinny rail portion be made with a spacers to raise optic to desired height?

!/3 co-witness I like the openness of the dot away from the iron site for more field of view, and also allows a higher check to bolt tube placement.

I prefer absolute co-witness. The iron site of a good Mcarbo brother can fold down anyway. :us:

Another vote for absolute cowitness. :+1:

Absolute Cowitness ! Thank You!

Lower 1/3. I’m still on stock sights so they’re not folding away. I want the ability to have irons, but don’t want them cluttering my optic.

If a spacer could be included to have both that would be great. Alternatively you may want to produce both. I think a lot of people will want one or the other.

Absolute co-witness. Risers can make it lower 1/3 cowitness.

Lower 1/3 please, or make both an option and everyone is happy.

Absolute would be my choice.

@ChrisNelson Absolute. I can always add height for a lower third, but I cannot remove height to get absolute if the mount is manufactured at lower third.

My vote is for the lower 1/3. That way I have options for my sight picture thru my scope/red dot.

@ChrisNelson here I am - late to the party again lol I vote for absolute co-witness please and thank you. :grinning: :+1:

Looks like lower 1/3 gives absolute anyway without additional mod.

My vote lower 1/3

Absolute… but will be honest, watching the video… thought the optic looked high. I’m guessing it is lower 1/3.

Is the design set on the rail? I’m going to run a Romeo 5 on it, prefer direct to the mount, but the short SIG mount isn’t an issue if it gives me what I’m looking for.

Personally, I think height is going to be a major hurdle to overcome. Not only do you have different views in regards to cowitness (absolute or lower 1/3), you have different optics/mounts to contend with.

@Screwball

I agree and I posted earlier that maybe the picatinny rail section should be on a riser system where as an optic could be raised or lowered with spacers to get it at the proper height that the user wants. Right now the votes are close 11/8 (Absolute Cowitness/Lower 1/3 Cowitness) so making one optic mount that can be adjustable for optic height might be the way to go.

Well I have had a lot going on lately so I have basically fell off the earth. I am glad to see the ball is still rolling here. Missed you guys. I really like the revision on the design