M*CARBO Brotherhood

First Look! New SUB-2000 Hinge Optic Mount - Prototype

First round of pics of the Machined Aluminum Working Prototype!

Folding sub 2k mount
Vortex Optics For S2K

New SUB-2000 Hinge Optic Mount - Working Prototype!

@ChrisNelson, can you take a photo of the mount folded down with the gun in the unfolded position?

New SUB2K Hinge Optic Mount - Video Clip

First Look! New SUB-2000 Hinge Optic Mount - Prototype

Still a work in progress. We need to get a custom spring made for it.

We’re excited to hear what you guys think?! Fire away with your questions here.

Any emails we get I’ll try to direct the questions here so we can all collaborate as a group.

Thanks guys for your help!

pinned #11

Just watched the video - AWESOME!!!

I like it seems very efficient. Hopefully there will be a chance to get one in OD Green to blend in with my SUB.

This looks awesome Chris

I love the deployment and take down.
Are there any plans to make a smaller knob or take down lever?
Will the set screw you used to level the rail for tolerance difference (showed in the prototype from the earlier 3D printed version) have the set screw drilled between the railing?
Can we see the new prototype with an optic mounted to see how many rail slot it takes up?

This is what I’ve been waiting for ! Watched the video and can’t wait for it to be finished and released. Now I just have to find some O.D.Green paint to match my SUB.

Good questions! Yes we are open to ideas. We just needed something functional to get the prototype ready. What did you have in mind? Sketch might be more helpful. You can post it in here so we can all look at it.

Yes that’s next. We will add the set screw and do some testing with it. We’ve also got to get a custom spring made for this. We used one of our AR springs for now.

Yes this is a must. I’ll make another video first of the week with an optic mounted to it.

Thank you @Whiskey for the good questions!

So … at this rate, my subby is never gonna make it to paint. 'Cause you just showed me a new reason to practice my patience.

It appears to occupy the same space as a folded rear sight. Is it far enough forward to avoid deployment/stowage conflicts with your rear sight?

Any range report?
Holds zero?

I was going to suggest a small L hook design.

Love the pictures and video. Can’t wait to see the production model

That’s awesome! I’ll be at the front of the line for sure!