5 Likes

$25
Blah blah 20 characters

5 Likes

Paying $35.00 here in NJ

4 Likes

Updated 3-3-21

Arrow
A firearm shipped from Georgia to Tennessee.
Georgia was $25.00 plus shipping with insurance $24.75.
Here at pick up in Tennessee was $30.00.

So the total cost to do a legal transfer from state to state involving two individuals living in these two states came to $79.75. for this Beretta 92A1.

Larry

4 Likes

Here in East TN it varies, I have paid anywhere from $25 to $35. One store in Johnson City will leave you feeling like you’ve been bent over.

6 Likes

I didn’t really check around, but the biggest privately owned gun shop around here is $30.

4 Likes

$20 in South Carolina, $15 with a valid CWP permit

5 Likes

I pay $25, one gun or multiple guns, still only pay $25.
Some places are higher, some lower. But I like my FFL.

5 Likes

Slowest

One store in Johnson City will leave you feeling like you’ve been bent over.

Is there some kind of secret way to e-mail me your thoughts on this site? lol
Not on the public thread so I don’t get CENSORED X RATED :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Larry

5 Likes

$20 as a member of my range/ffl. Normally they get $25.

5 Likes

$25 here plus shipping

3 Likes

$19 in NC at my gun store, but it varies a lot around the state.

4 Likes

Around Detroit is between $25-35

4 Likes

10-15 here is Oregon for the places I use. Seen some as high as 35 though.

4 Likes

Was recently disappointed to find out my choice for FFL transfers had raised price to $35 from $25 here in PHX. :frowning: :thinking: :thinking:

4 Likes

$20 in Southwest Ohio.

4 Likes

Most places in the PRoMD seem to be $50 for long guns and $50-$100 for handguns. Plus if it’s a handgun or regulated firearm you can add another $10 and a 7 day wait to that for the MD 77R. And unlike the 4473, it would appear the state keeps the 77R application information (which includes serial numbers and your personal information) indefinitely.

5 Likes

Jesus. That’s not even right. Where the hell do you live, Maryland??
Don’t get me wrong, I totally agree with gun safety, but from what I have heard you say, your state is a classic example of if you give an inch they will take a mile. Unfortunately that mile always comes at the hands of the innocent. That isn’t right, no matter how you spin it.

7 Likes

Yep, Peoples Republic of Maryland. And then there’s the handgun roster and banned firearm list to deal with as well. Oh, and you probably don’t want to know about using a gun to defend yourself on your property…

When I moved here a little over 8 years ago for a job, I was a bit shocked. Coming from Pennsylvania, a state that hasn’t changed much in regards to guns since I was a kid, it was hard to get my head around the laws in this state. There are a few worse but I think MD is probably in the top 5 gun unfriendly states in the union.

9 Likes

Hi all

Help me out here guys and gals if you can .
By discussing my first handgun transfer issue I have talked with FFL guys and get mixed feedback.

Basically, I’m under the current impression?>??? If one of my sons give me a long gun or shotgun in Alabama or Florida I can bring it back to Tennessee no violation of the Federal laws. It’s now mine.

However, if it were a HANDGUN we must go FFl to FFL and (me in TN) the receiver would do a 4473 upon receipt at my FFL person,

Thanks for any feed back.
I’m talking about three states that love the 2nd amendment.

4 Likes