M*CARBO Brotherhood

February Division HG1 Targets

6 Likes

3 Likes

@OldSpook the TX-22 is a nice little pistol, isn’t it?

1 Like

Looking at your target, it looks like it’s rotated 90º. That makes the cards a LOT smaller. You might ask @Festus if you can shoot it over with it rotated the correct way – it’s not fair for you to shoot a target that’s harder to hit.

Phuzzy42,

This was my first time shooting my new TX-22. I started off on a bench rest with a sandbag at 10 yards. My first group wasn’t bad, but a little left. I gave it 2 clicks right windage, and put 10 shots in a little over an inch. From there, I progressed to the aces and eights. I shot 4 of those targets standing, and the one I submitted was the best.

I’m determined to get better. Just wait; I’ll give you some competition yet! Good on ya!

1 Like

I’m sure you will and I’m looking forward to it. Seriously, though, your target is printed sideways and the cards are a lot smaller than they should be. Print it out correctly and try again and I bet your score goes way up.

I may be able to get to the range once more this month. If so, I’ll definitely give it a try. Thanks!

1 Like

You can shoot bench with sandbags if you want. no penalty. Impressive group, great job!

I don’t know if your TX-22 is as ‘gritty’ as mine was when I got it, but a good polishing of everything inside that moved (other than the fcg) really made a difference and brought the trigger pull down.

Actually, I was pretty impressed with the trigger right out of the box.

I had no idea that I could “cheat” and use sandbags! In that case, I’ll join you! I was always of the impression that I was supposed to shoot pistol off my two hind legs.

2 Likes

Just to clarify the Rules - Support is permitted in certain Divisions but discouraged in others. For handguns, the Rules state:

“Absent a physical or other infirmity requiring support, all handgun targets should be shot offhand without support.”

I voluntarily disqualified one of my better targets early on for this reason and that led to clarification of the HG Rules. You can find the full rules in the Banner at the top of the page.

Happy Shooting!

3 Likes

Guess I should reread the rules again. In my defense, I always shoot pistol off-hand, and turmeric mentioned something a month or two ago about me shooting offhand.

2 Likes

So I guess just being an old guy doesn’t qualify as an infirmity? (sigh) Another bubble popped. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

My feet stink. I think that’s a real handicap. :rofl:

2 Likes

I wish. That, however, would include a huge chunk of the Forum.

2 Likes

One of many. :grinning:

2 Likes

My February’s HG1

5 Likes

Good shooting, @Bogart.

2 Likes