M*CARBO Brotherhood

Favorite Quotes of this Nations Founding Fathers

Thought it would be interesting to start a thread of quotes of our nations founding fathers. Please keep this to their quotes so that it may serve as a history lesson to those who are being taught revisionist history in the school system of today. I’ll have to say my favorite founding father is Thomas Jefferson but I’m going to start this thread with one from Thomas Paine. I believe it applies as much today as it did when he wrote it in 1776.

THESE are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated

Thomas Paine
Written December 19, 1776
Published and read to Washingtons troops December 23, 1776

18 Likes

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”
~ Abraham Lincoln

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms.”
~ Richard Henry Lee

17 Likes

REVOLUTION 1

19 Likes

REVOLUTION 29

19 Likes

OUTLAW 17
not constitutional but still appropriate.

15 Likes

19 Likes

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ― Benjamin Franklin

15 Likes

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth. – George Washington

14 Likes

15 Likes

12 Likes

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson

11 Likes

12 Likes

Tex-are you sure you wanna get me started on this? I been savin’ 'em up and I sure got a bunch!

“When a government betrays the people by amassing too much power and becoming tyrannical, the people have no choice but to exercise their original right of self-defense — to fight the government.” -Alexander Hamilton

12 Likes

“An avidity to punish is always dangerous to liberty. It leads men to stretch, to misinterpret, and to misapply even the best of laws.” -Thomas Paine

10 Likes

As long as there are no personal attacks. The founders of this nation i believe could foresee what we as a nation are degenerating into. The education system has conveniently left out the teachings/words of the founders to try to change what was intended. Its time to refresh what the founders intended/created.

12 Likes

While not exactly a founding father-I couldn’t agree more with his quote:

“One should forgive one’s enemies, but not before they are hanged.” - Heinrich Heine

8 Likes

“I hope that we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.”
― Thomas Jefferson, The Papers of Thomas Jefferson: Retirement Series, Volume 10: 1 May 1816 to 18 January 1817

9 Likes

“I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace; that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God, I have had this Congress! For ten years, King George and his Parliament have gulled, cullied, and diddled these colonies with their illegal taxes! Stamp Acts, Townshend Acts, Sugar Acts, Tea Acts! And when we dared stand up like men, they have stopped our trade, seized our ships, blockaded our ports, burned our towns, and spilled our BLOOD! And still, this Congress refuses to grant ANY of my proposals on independence, even so much as the courtesy of open debate! Good God, what in hell are you waiting for?” --John Adams

12 Likes

“You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve YOUR freedom. I hope you will make a good use of it.”

[John Adams]

“The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.”

[Samuel Adams]

My favorite:
“Give me liberty, or give me death!”

[Patrick Henry]

13 Likes

12 Likes