M*CARBO Brotherhood

Favorite CCW belt?

I carry a Kahr CW9 daily (soon to feature a SS striker pin & trigger spring kit) & I sometimes carry my Ultra CDP II as well. I have been wearing a custom made leather belt from a leather worker in Lebanon OH. He’s a gun guy so he understands the weaknesses & has decided to keep working with different thicknesses and grommets to reinforce. Test belt was $65 & I get to keep working with him giving suggestions etc. 2 yrs old and still working well.

My biggest problem is self induced, I’m overweight & my pants whould probably slide down if I riveted them to my hips.

I’m going to check out the 5.11 Dred mention though just for perspective.
Frank

3 Likes

Just following up to clarify that I answered @Wedge 's question specifically. The 5.11s are just part of a larger system. I actually have 6 belts in my rotation. I run the 5.11 in 2" black and 1.5" coyote. I work outdoors in cargo pants/shorts and the 5.11s handle that service well.

But I also run rugged black and brown belts made of traditional leather. Rugged is a descriptor indicating that they are stiff and impress me as well built. Both of these are thick, multi ply. These let me sport my buckles (This is Texas) and match up with my boots.

Finally I have a pair (black and brown) of the slide ratchet type. My ratchet belts are reinforced and designed to support holsters, but they are less effective than either the rugged leather or the 5.11 nylons. They look fancy enough and are narrow enough to work with belt loops on dress slacks and suits.

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the additional clarification. I work from home over 95% of ther time so it’s always jeans or cargos. I wear my kilt a few times each season and the wide belt will only accommodate ther Kimber and that custom holster with clips. Everything else works even with my narrow dress belts.
Thanks again Dred.

5 Likes

keep him in mind when i move back out tha swamps to the mountains next year, thanx. Leather just rots to fast down here.
wonder who made the scales on the 1st 1911 in the second row. like those

6 Likes

I use a Dutyman, leather belt, with velcro, instead of traditional buckle,in black basketweave . It was formerly sold by Safariland. The last one I had was well over 20 years old. I’ve only had this one, from Dutyman, for a couple of years.

4 Likes

Pretty good Veterans Day sale.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/reversible-nylon-belt-od-green-black.html

4 Likes

I got into it pretty good with the Crossbreed owner, Mark Craighead, before he passed away. He was a real a-hole. Some “Christian”, my ass… I’ll never buy another Crossbreed product again.

7 Likes

I’m on the fluffy side too. Bigfoot gunbelts are the best. Never sags no matter how much weight I have on it. Also keeps my pants up better than any other belt.

5 Likes

I’m a big fan of the Hanks Gunner Belt. I got it on Amazon, but it comes from Hanks, so it doesn’t matter if you go to that website. The price is exactly the same. The customer service is also the same, which is to say outstanding. The one I ordered was too big. I carry OTB tight to the body so a T-shirt will conceal. They happily sent me a new size free of charge, and a free shipping return label and waited for me to send the old one back. And it has a 100 year warranty also. Just don’t purposely deface it (like cutting it cause you lost weight). One piece leather too, no stitching at all. Very thick, but very comfortable.

6 Likes

I just ordered a Magpul belt. Anyone experienced with these?
What about Bigfoot Gun Belts?

2 Likes

https://specops.us/belts.html

I like the stretchy belt, because I’m fat.

1 Like

Had a big foot gun belt for the past 7 years now. Has held up great. I even wear it when I’m not carrying at work bc it keeps my pants up better.

3 Likes

I bought a Bigfoot belt but returned it after a few days. My son loves his bit I didn’t like how stiff it is. My daily belt is one made by our own @HandyDave he made me one very similar in style to Bigfoot but has a little more flexibility. Dave sewed a nylon belt between 2 leather pieces. It is not as thick as the ones Bigfoot makes with the steel core but it still holds my britches up. Thanks @HandyDave for making the last belt I’ll ever need.

7 Likes

I ordered a belt from Big Foot and my wife ordered a Bigfoot belt from Amazon at the same time not knowing we were both ordering the same belt. Amazon was $10 more than direct from Bigfoot.
I got my first belt from Bigfoot today and it is too small, they agreed to replace it so another week or so.

I ordered a Magpul belt, Tejas ElBurro…It’s not a nice belt. Thin and flimsy

4 Likes

Thanks Brian for the kind words. Im glad belt is holding up for you. Ive been beating the hell out of mine i made as prototype for 2 monthes now and you can only tell where my holster sets from a few scratches on back side from metal clip. The thing about alot of the belts on the market is there so stiff and thick from the 2 layers of super heavyweight leather along with steel core or some are using a kydex type material. There is also a few companies using nylon webbing like i use in my belts. But most with a stiffner added its a piece of whatever in middle of 2 layers of leather which still allows belt to stretch and deform. And to thick you have the problems of not fitting belt loops on pants and like Brian had trouble with belt being to thick for holster loops. I use a piece of 7 to 9 oz top grain leather cut from the back so it has that natural rigidity then i laminate heavy duty nylon webbing to the top grain piece and line the back with a softer piece of 2 to 4 oz leather. The nylon runs from end to end and side to side all 3 layers are laminated together and sewed together coming out right at 3/16" thick. Its a true edc belt that is comfortable to wear no matter the conditions.

7 Likes

I ordered and received a Bigfoot belt its nice and heavy

4 Likes

I got a couple from Bigfoot. They’re outstanding - no slack either concealed carry (Shield in an Alien Gear), or with my S&W M&P 5 inch full size in an OWB Dara holster.

3 Likes

Kore belts are fantastic. Heavy duty and easy to fit.

1 Like

I have had this belt 10 days now and I love it! I wear it with jeans and slacks.
They said to order 4 inches above your pant?? I don’t agree with that.

I wound up with 3 because of a snafu with Amazon.

3 Likes