M*CARBO Brotherhood

Favorite CCW belt?

What’s everyone like/use as a CCW belt? I have a cheap Uncle Mike’s wilderness/instructor type belt that’s okay. I love the infinite adjustability since it has no holes like a traditional belt. It does the job, but what I don’t like is that no matter how tight I cinch it down, the firearm will still start to sag down. It’s plenty stiff, so it’s not the belt “rolling” away from me like it’s some soft leather dress belt. Are there any good wilderness type belts with the cinch down and velcro style that won’t sag? Thanks!

8 Likes

I have the 5.11 Tactical in 1.5" and 2". I carry 1911s with’m. I run my belt pretty snug (shirt tucked in even), and I have no sag or roll problems. I bought them at Cabelas. Mine are both reinforced - I don’t think all of them are.

But reinforced nylon web instructor style 5.11 Tactical belts are Dred approved up to and including steel frame, government size 1911s with decent holsters.

9 Likes

Like the one in the link? I think that’s even less than what I paid for the Uncle Mike’s belt. LOL

2 Likes

Actually.this:

Metal.buckle.&tough.

Linked.you.to.1.75".but.they.make.it.in.several.widths.

3 Likes

Thanks, but those belts look exactly like the nylon one I already have now.

1 Like

I like Nexbelt. It’s a ratchet belt so maybe it’s not what you’re looking for, but it’s been good for me.

2 Likes

Tactical Taylor Rigger belt
on my 2nd one , bout 30 years .first one was a blackhawk.tactical%20tailor%20rigger%20belt
it will take the pressure.

4 Likes

Nexbelt belt works for me

2 Likes

You asked about web/nylon belts, but for me CCW means blending in and the nylon belts don’t play well in many less-casual environments. I’ve been very pleased with these in black and brown -

3 Likes

[I like this company. Made in USA,great customer service. YMMV

](https://www.bluealphagear.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Hybrid_Colors-1-1.jpg)

1. Buy Hybrid EDC Belt from Blue Alpha Gear | Hybrid COBRA® Buckle | High-quality everyday carry belt | Tactical belts | Gun belts | Shooting belts

Hybrid EDC Belt

5 Likes

I’m retired, so I’m all about being “caz” theses days. I live in cargo pants or shorts, to the nylon belts are perfect for me. Like I tuck my shirt in anyway. LOL Plus, I’m done with traditional hook-N-hole belts. I want the infinite adjustability of a nylon/velcro belt. :+1:

5 Likes

I have always had a hard time trying to find the perfect conceal carry holster. Until I found Alien Gear. They have several different styles and I have most of them but their new belly band really works with my short squatty body frame. Take a look at their website and check out some of the videos they have on their holsters. feel free to reach out if you have any questions from other than the vendors point of view.

5 Likes

That be me, too. I really like the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC hybrid IWB holsters. :+1:

5 Likes

well, i do nylon type rigger belts cause my butt be to narrow, and in about 2 weeks a leather belt with the flat side facing you looks like a big U plus the fact nylon dries quick…

5 Likes

Like the Hybrid Blue Alpha gear, but im a lil confused , first it says made to order, then when you click on size it says “out of stock” sent em a email.
update:: that was quick. they out of stock on the OD green material…

3 Likes

Versacarry makes very nice leather belts and holsters, check them out.

Crossbreed makes a couple of belts that I like.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/belts/gun-belts/crossover-gun-belt.html

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/belts/gun-belts/reversible-nylon-belt-od-green-black.html

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/belts/gun-belts/classic-gun-belt.html

2 Likes

I am a little on the fluffy side so I wear a big foot leather belt. After loosing a little weight I had to buy another. These belts are made of harness leather and are the best of quality. They have a metal insert sewed in so you have no flex of the belt. Absolutely the best gun belt I’ve ever owned Bigfoot Gun Belts.

4 Likes

OWB I used the one Dred showed…it’s double layered, not thin and works pretty well for the price (for my use anyway). It supports my OWB Kydex holsters & dual magazine pouches pretty well. I don’t use IWB with clips mostly for my EDC.

For my actual every day carry IWB holster/belt, I use a Tacti-Pac Fusion which I love. They are a complete (very comfortable) belt set up with partial Kydex that is worn under trousers so it doesn’t depend on belt loops or anything. It works great for everything I wear, including sweat pants, dress slacks, or shorts. I can wear whatever belt I want because it doesn’t depend on clips. There are videos on Youtube about it. Not the most popular I’m sure but I’ve been happy with mine (I have 3).

Sorry, probably not much help.

2 Likes

I know this isn’t exactly what you were asking for, but I’ve never had good leather fIl me. I’ve used leather holsters a belt from TtGunleather exclusively for years and I’ve never looked back. The owner Tim will really take care of you. He’s an excellent guy and he’s even a wildfire firefighter. I still use my original belt I bought way back in 2005 and it’s still in great shape. I recently lost a lot of weight and I asked him about making me a new one. He took the belt I had and adjusted the length for free. All of his products are guaranteed.

You owe it to yourself to at least take a look, even if you don’t go Tim and his products, anyone who carries a pistol deserves custom leather.

3 Likes