Favorite Beer: Domestic, Micro Or Swill? Or are your Favorite Elixors from a Still? 🍺

Mad Dog 20/20 is made for distilling…20% ABV…Then the efficiency of the distilling equipment decides the final output.
The amount of time/labor/fuel/risk isn’t worth it. Much cheaper to buy it at the ABC store…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

The ol mad dog 20/20. Banana red was my flavor of choice. When i was a kid. Buy the wineo out front of store whatever he wanted and he would get what we wanted. I would never say i was underage. Ill say that i didnt have proper id.:joy: pull up at the bowling ally on a friday night in my 1991 Cadillac Eldorado touring coupe. Pop the trunk to show all the ladies several coolers full of brew. Then find out whos parents was gone out of town. But now days i wonder if i should have studied more and partied less. I know my body would thank me if i had.:joy: oh well you dont learn if you dont live. Just take ls harder lessons for some.

2 Likes

It’s the ol mad dog 20/20 trick. I saw how they distilled behind the bowling alley with a pressure cooker and coiled copper tube…talking about smart/educated HOBO’s…:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I did more research on this after my post.

I’m going to see what my hydrometer says about
my everclear.

I tried a shake test on vodka all I got were fizzy bubble that dissipated quickly. Now I’m walking around shaking all my liquor bottles.

3 Likes

Do it right! :sunglasses:…and don’t use a plastic test jar with high proof…or it will blow up…:scream:

2 Likes

It’s amazing that pre-internet days that MD 20/20 gained the nickname Mad Dog. I honestly thought that is what the MD really meant for a long time. Turns out, it’s actually Mogen David

3 Likes

Boones Farm Snow Creek Berry and Wild Berry Cisco is what the girls around here wanted back then.

@Savage636
To us the MD meant Mostly Distilled

4 Likes

Jungle juice. When we could get watermelons, we’d cut a hole in the top and drain a bottle into it.

5 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
I just learned something new !!
Its been Mad Dog literally the past 30 years until today.

3 Likes

Another fun one is the giant jars of fruit cocktail drained off and filled back up with rum. Let set a day and enjoy :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

MD 20/20, so-named because it was 20% alcohol and came in 20-ounce bottles .

Remember Thunderbird?

Dubbed as the " American Classic ," Thunderbird wine has been celebrated since the 1950s. It is a fortified wine, which was popular in the 1980s and 1990s. It has bottled at 17.5% alcohol by volume and best to serve chilled.

3 Likes

It was commonly known as ‘hunch punch’ back in my day…

When properly prepared it could drop panties for miles around!

The street hobos and winos in Atlanta were infamous for their propensity to guzzle locally-produced Polly Peachtree shaving lotion. The absolute cheapest high available. A bottle was something like 79 cents and the proof was high enough to keep them buzzed and happy. The AJC (Atlanta Jjournal & Constitution) newspaper ran a week-long series about it.

3 Likes

Oh my, I know what you mean.
My buddy on R&R got me into drinking whiskey sours in Taipei.
I HAVE never drank another. I lost my motel, my girl friend and dinner. :woozy_face:

Larry. :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Back at the Lookout Brewery…some of the gang….:beers:

3 Likes

I’m only allowed one can of beer a day, so…

7 Likes

@ValorSolo
I like the way you think, I usually pick up one of these for the Christmas Holidays.
Cheers,

5 Likes

@moosecall
I bought one of those for our gift exchange, best gift ever!

1 Like

The investigation kicked off in April after the alleged bootleggers invited the officer into their home to tout the quality of their moonshine. The recipe, Barbara McCleester said, came from “legendary moonshiner” and late NASCAR driver Junior Johnson.

4 Likes

I declare the 2019 Chilean 3-way Cabernet Franc x Malbec x Merlot is tasting great and ready to bottle this week. :yum:
Finished in a 15 gallon Hungarian Oak barrel…my favorite. :wine_glass::grin:

Washed, sanitized, rinsed ~72 used wine bottles.
Pulled ~6 gallons of wine from the Hungarian Oak barrel into a 7 gallon car boy under vacuum and CO2 low pressure to keep air out prior to bottling.

90 bottle Ferrari wine bottle tree with final sanitize/rinse pump on top.

Vacuum Degas procedure to ~550 mb for ~15 minutes

Double barrel wine bottle filler gun. One trigger for pressurized wine and one trigger for CO2.

Ferrari commercial floor corker from Italy:

72 750 mL bottles of wine safely corked :wine_glass::sunglasses:
Bottles need to stand up for 48 hrs. So the corks swell back up tight…then they are stored zon their sides to keep the corks swelled up for a good tight seal.

Equipment cleaning….ugh…:scream:

5 Likes

Just when I thought carboys were large to make wine in.
To cool.
Maybe one day, I’d definitely have a tap on my keg so that I could pour directly into a glass or canter for the table.

4 Likes