M*CARBO Brotherhood

FAULTY TRIGGER finger

After under cutting my G19 trigger guard I solved 2 problems,A:the gun jumping around in my hand and 2:GLOCK hump interference.one NEW revolting development arose however,now with everything lined up proper lurking stealth arthritis came screaming into my trigger finger when breaking in my ALPHA WOOFY barrel.75 rounds and 2 days it took to recover.SO…opions.i orderd a lone wolf(YES I did it again it as 50% off and I’m desperate so shut up!)UAT shoe(with trigger bar).idk jack about these but for the price? Worth a shot,will tuning out the creep and over travel take some of the pressure of my finger or am I just gonna have to tear all the blasted springs(Wich I do NOT want to do)as well? From what I’ve seen a 3.5 trigger connector by it self is an absolute waste of time.im not lookin for a light trigger as much as I am a trigger where my finger isn’t pulling 6+lbs 100yards…but my finger is only going to degenerate…

6 Likes

Check out what the Glock Store offers, and check the videos with comments.

https://www.glockstore.com/

4 Likes

I’ll do I’ll do that.if all else fails maybee I bang it over goblins head till it loosens up?

5 Likes

@Lurch have you talked to a rheumatologist? I’ve had arthritis for 15 years and mine has kept me going. I’m never pain-free but at least I’m mobile. The drugs I take are anti-inflammatory, not pain killers or opiods - I can legally own and carry guns. If you haven’t seen one, you should at least ask your GP about it. One thing - make sure the rheumatologist does NOT prescribe medications that can also be prescribed for mental conditions - the grabbers tried to use that as an excuse to prohibit people from owning guns even though there was no mental illness. My rheumatologist carries too so he completely understood.

And don’t bang your Glock over Goblin’s head - you’d have to repair the Glock. :wink:

8 Likes

Check out Orange County Custom Triggers. They not only lighten the trigger pull, they have adjustments to shorten the trigger pull and the reset. I installed them in both my gen4 Glock 27 (after trying a Ghost trigger) and my wife’s mod.43. They reduced both pull weight and distance by about half. Cost is about $125, but then your not investing in the gun, your investing in yourself.

2 Likes

@Dane Did you ever change the guide rod on your G27?

1 Like

No, I did not. Did experience severe Glock knuckle with the new gen4, did some shaving on the trigger guard. Helped some, but then I started acquiring 1911’s, so the glock is spending most of it’s time in the safe.

5 Likes

Scalloping my trigger guard was the best and worst thing I did.i dropped my gen 4 19 down so my trigger finger is directly in line with my wrist,gun is completely stable no jumping around.only my middle and trigger finger first joints are hatin me…but that’s not the gun.thinkin maybee I will go the way of 1911…

3 Likes

@Lurch
Just convert your G19 to a 22LR…should ease the pain and look just as bad azz on the streets:

3 Likes

Well right now it’s my carry gun.but maybee

1 Like

all you gonna do is break that plastic pistol… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh squirrel spoot! Who said I was gonna love tap the bloody plastic end?!? :roll_eyes:the upper is made of steel(and mine has them that steel radiator-activated nuclear powered sights so the WHOLE top end is,Steel Gobble Gobble!):face_with_raised_eyebrow:or…perhaps…oh! AH! Gobbles is old school! Heeze only been whacked with good ol solid steel… :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :+1:t4: :chipmunk:

No.actually because I’m on Medicare I’m limited to 12 Dr.visits a year. PERIOD.specialast,pcp-same thing.and let me say this before I continue,99%of the people on this forum are righteous upstanding dudes or I WOULDN’T be here.i hold out than 1% because there is always someone…i’ll be 50 in July so I’m sure I’m a pup to most of you,but my body’s thrashed about 20 years adavnced in arthritis.not to gripe but hell dudes,already had my bloody neck fused,I’ve worked since I was old enough to stack 2×4"s,so please don’t insult my intelligence.its all I ask when I AM SURROUNDED BY A WORLD OF STUPID

2 Likes

Well, I guess I stuck my foot in it again, and I do apologize, I never meant any insult. I’ve had arthritis for close to 25 years, blew a disc, had a spinal laminotomy, and more. I was offering my personal experience.

3 Likes

No no no,that was NOT ment toward you mate! That was reserved for sandbagging idiots.they live…no offense taken my man I hear ya. I’m just crippled (ha ha pun-still got a sense of humor of sorts)by finances.

4 Likes

I’m glad I didn’t piss you off. Nowadays, it seems the littlest things can get people angry enough to make you glad you’re not in the same room with them, and you’re not even sure what you said that turned their crazy level to 11.

And I hear you about finances. After 8 years of oZero and 8 years of Bushwhacker and what they did to banking and insurance, what should have been a decent retirement account will be almost enough to support either me or my wife but not both of us. Even after 41 years working at the same place, I’ll only be able to retire when one of us dies, and it’s getting damn hard to keep going when I can barely move some times.

F’ing politicians. --* spit *–

3 Likes

Nawww ur cool man.i was just trying to set a point,a benchmark if you will for any-God forbid we should have any ignorant DUMASS trash on this site-people that might have a misinterpreted view of Medicaid&disabled people…you can throw your favorite guns to the wind.when you start degrading a person? That’s like wrong…

3 Likes

I went the way of the 1911 and all shooting is very comfortable. The Glock now lives in the safe. I have 5 1911 style guns, four Sigs in 45 and 9mm and one Springfield in 40 cal. from 3 1/2 in to 5 in. All have Hogue finger groove soft rubber grips. Makes for a very consistent, comfortable grip and helps in felt recoil.

4 Likes

Well I took a chance on discontinude lone wolf ultimate udjustable trigger Wich was to cheap not to buy and,well you can read the results on my OEM guide rod post,but,that was $35 well spent! Nice smooth raidiused aluminium shoe and the over all travel is reduced to a 1/4" and NO PAIN and no change in the way I can feel the the trigger bar dropping so anyone that says that’s at safety issue can bite me…the safety blade is set at the required .0035" off the frame and it’s the same pull as factory…eh, well,kinda.might be 6lb

1 Like

The only replacement trigger I’ve installed is a Rock River in the AR because the stock Colt trigger felt like they forgot to file off the casting burrs even after I polished it. Amazing what a difference a good trigger makes - went from 8lb pull and 8" groups at 50 yards to 5lb pull and 3" groups. For me, that’s probably as good as it’s going to get.

And I’ve run out of likes too many times tonight, LOL

1 Like