M*CARBO Brotherhood

Failure To Feed? Bolt Not Seating Round

Had a failure to eject and then after clearing the casing, it wouldn’t feed another round and the bolt would get stuck as shown in the picture. Any idea as to what could be causing this? The barrel looks good when viewed through the folded position and the bolt spring appears to be ok.

4 Likes

I read that you cleared the casing. Have you also inspected and cleaned the chamber. Both 9 and 40 chamber on the case mouth so any obstruction in the chamber can make battery difficult to achieve.

Have you tried ammo from a different brand or a different lot? Are you confident that the ammo is correctly constructed?

Last thing I’d try is a little forward motivation applied to the charging handle. Be careful with this until you are confident that you’ve achieved a solid battery.

7 Likes

@Hubris663 Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

5 Likes

Have you upgraded to the SS feed ramp? In not check your feed ramp could have dug into the plastic

7 Likes

welcome to the forum @Hubris663

5 Likes

@Hubris663

Welcome to the MCarbo Brotherhood.

3 Likes

Does your bolt move freely? Have you checked your feed ramp? Look in with flash light? Is this the first time you have tried to dire after installing your fore end? Something misaligned or loose?

3 Likes

Maybe it’s the red lion part you have on it! Lol jk looks good.

2 Likes

Ammo was good and same issue with different manufacturers, and forward momentum does not work unfortunately.

After further inspection stainless steel feedramp does appear dirty or slightly scratched. I definitely need to do a thorough cleaning but after searching on the web it appears this has happened to others as well but with it eventually resolving itself with no clear explanation. That has not been my luck yet but after cleaning it I will give y’all an update.

3 Likes

Nothing seems loose but the bolt does not appear to fully seat even without a round in the chamber. There is no opening like in the picture but the marking on the bolt makes it appear like it use to sit a little further in.

2 Likes

Did you flitz polish your stainless steel feed ramp? This is a must do for next time and dont forget to lubricate the freshly polished feed ramp with some clp.

2 Likes

I would not lubricate any ammunition with any type of lubrication this is not a safe procedure on any unsealed ammo and I would not do it on sealed ammo either. YMMV.

3 Likes

Cant wait for update

3 Likes