M*CARBO Brotherhood

Failure To Eject And Dead Trigger Issue

I was finally able to take my sub 2k to the range today. I put 250 - 300 rounds down range. I had about 7 failure to eject, shortly after I got dead trigger. It will not reset if I press foward on the trigger or rack the bolt. I was shooting Winchester 124 grain fmj 9mm NATO, mostly cuz it was on sale. Originally thinking the FTE was just ammo related, and I could bring a small variety of grains and brands next time for comparison.

It could be the gun because it’s new, ammo related, me incorrectly installing something, or a part I put in. I’ll have to crack it open and take a look later tonight.

For reference I’ve installed the follow mcarbo parts: the flat trigger kit, trigger bar (slightly sanded), muzzle break, extended mag release, peep sights, recoilless charging handle, red lifesaver buffer, polished feed ramp, sleeve, trigger guard, screw kit.

I’ve messed with it a bit, so it might be my goof up. My first thought is FTE is ammo related and dead trigger is trigger bar related. Over all it was a blast to shoot and even with 124 grain, the recoil isn’t bad at all. I’d imagine lighter rounds kicking like a 22. Being able to transition between steel targets with the peep sight was nice!

I have a few things to do tonight before I can take it apart and really look at it. Is there anything specific I should be looking for??

1 Like

Took it apart, and put it back together. All works fine… maybe I just installed something wrong the 1st time??

Shout out to mcarbo and there awesome parts! Looking forward to shooting it some more!

3 Likes

I shoot 124gr Winchester white box with a trigger bar prototype that’s unmodified to reset. You definitely installed something wrong

1 Like

From what I am reading, the biggest problems everyone is having is with putting the springs back in wrong. The Hammer spring, the shear spring and the trigger bar spring. They probably get in a hurry putting it back together and correct this when they take it back apart. The other problem is putting the extractor and ejector in backwards, no seating the extractor in the polymer where the slots are located … Glad to hear your problem was corrected …

1 Like

We generally recommend the disassemble and try again strategy. It’s worked almost 100% of the time some one has an isssue similar to this.

1 Like

Probably just user error. I really like the combination of parts pretty easy shootin’.

Incorrect reassembly really shouldn’t be an issue. @ChrisNelson made it VERY clear and easy to understand in his long video. He covered every step in depth. In fact, in some parts, I had to skip through them because he spent too long for me in some areas, but the effort he put into that video is quite evident. And, no removal/reinstall of the extractor is necessary at any time for any MCARBO internal parts install. Only the ejector on the side of the recoil tube and the upper feed ramp at the top of the tube are involved. :+1:

1 Like

I had a similar experience yesterday except mine wouldn’t reset the trigger right out of the gate. I believe I over-tightened the main pivot screw. So I loosened it and I was back in business. 200 rounds down. I couldn’t be happier.

5 Likes

I enjoy shooting with all types of people, the more the merrier, I rarely go to the range alone.

Why is it that every time I shoot my guns I never have an issue yet when they shoot my guns there are FTF & FTE way more than the average? I’m by no means an expert shooter so I am either the luckiest guy on the planet when I with my guns or the people I shoot with are the unluckiest? Or just maybe my guns do not like to be touched by anyone other than me? :stuck_out_tongue:

It never fails that they always have an issue, not a lot just enough to annoy me. lol
It’s just a weird coincidence I guess but it never fails to happen. I own 12 guns and the only gun no one has ever had a problem with is my S&W Victory 22.

3 Likes

Could it be timid shooters limp wristing a semi auto?? I’m on the fence between the Victory and the new Ruger MKIV… :thinking:

5 Likes

Second improper grip.

3 Likes

I agree with the limp wristing. Really the only viable explanation

1 Like

Go with the mark IV. You will not regret it

2 Likes

@BiteYaHard I too have this issue, I don’t own 12 guns but any time I have my buddy, who also knows his guns fire my firearm, stupid things happen, I personally think it’s that the handling of the firearm is different and we know our gun’s little nuances and whether it be consciously or subconsciously, we keep those little things in check, I’ve noticed it a lot with my shield, it does not like other people shooting it, she will jam up and have light strikes and all kinds of mess and I can get on it and run 100 rounds through with 0 malfunctions. I can’t quite put my finger on why people get my shield to fail when it is 99% reliable with me and the 1% includes ammo problems such as bad primer or my stupid promag mag that does not like to feed properly.

4 Likes

I would call it “bad shooting form and/or technique”. They’ve never been taught the correct way to hold and shoot firearms. I’ve has several people ask why my guns do not malfunction as much as theirs do. Simple answer, I’ve been taught the correct way to hold and operate the firearm. I’m no expert as I learn something about myself or my firearms ever time I go to the range.

3 Likes

Yeah I know for sure my Step-Father has limp wristed my FNX45 tactical, he got FTF many times because he would “anticipate” the recoil and not let the slide do it’s job. But this time we weren’t even shooting anything higher than a 9mm so it’s less likely in this case.

My Sub2k, which has never had an issue for me gave both the other guys shooting with me problems with FTF. Maybe I’ll just chalk it up to my guns know who’s the alpha shooter! lmao

4 Likes

I shot the Sub2K for the first time after installing the full trigger kit. First round went off. I put on the safety, set it down for a minute, turned off the safety (yes all the way) and then nothing. It would feed and eject rounds fine, but no boom.

Suggestions?

1 Like

What happens when do you a function check? Look at the primer on the to round, is there a dent? No dent?is there damage to your firing pin?

2 Likes

I’d open her up and make sure firing pin is good like @Matt said and if it’s not that, check to make sure the springs are all good, hammer spring, sear spring and trigger spring, make sure nothing is pinched between the 2 halves.

1 Like

oh, and make sure you check to make sure your trigger bar is moving freely like chris says in the video, you are watching the video while installing right? if not, start from scratch, take it all the way down, watch the video, and watch it again as you do the install, the video is highly recommended! :+1:

1 Like