M*CARBO Brotherhood

Factory sight way off out of the box

Well i finally got to shoot my m series after having it for 2 weeks… it performed flawlessly!! Only issue was it was shooting very low … aiming center mass on target and was hitting extremely low, would literally aim the sights way below the target to get a hit on it… didn’t have the proper tools to adjust front sight but hope that’s it… and i got the notched rear sight.

7 Likes

Make that front sight shorter (push pin and rotate clockwise) to move point of impact up.

Kel Tec has stated that they do not sight in Sub 2000s, so we gets what we gets. Thankfully, they are easily adjusted.

It’s surprising to have it shoot low. As tall as the notch sight is folks commonly find they are shooting high out of the box.

8 Likes

Yea gonna have to do that and hit the range again… probably just gonna invest in an optic but definitely want to get it hitting with the iron sights… my 10 year old enjoyed it lol said he wants one too…smh

8 Likes

I don’t have the M SERIES but my sub shoots way off and moved the front sight all the way to the right and still off by a little so like you said I just bought a optic and problem kinda solved haha but I feel the only downside of these guns is the front sight post maybe MCARBO can come up with something for that soon :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yea I’ve heard a few stories of them coming loose also… Nothing some gorilla glue can take care of lol

3 Likes

I have a gen 2 from the factory my windage is all the way,I mean all the way to the right and the elevation is ALL the way lowered and it STILL shoots too low. Idk I thought about shaving my front sights down a bit but I will just invest in optics

1 Like

Mine was off the opposite way im debating giving the front sight a whack to get some extra windage. I didnt realize how far off it was until i tried a boresight laser. Hesitant to make many changes without a nice long range day to fool around with it. My romeo msr arrived way off the opposite direction, and im hoping theres enough adjustment to pull it back in.

1 Like

Mine was that way…I just bought a red dot and the mcarbo mount…problem solved!!

1 Like

I was never happy with the front sight and finally bought the Red Lion one.

2 Likes