M*CARBO Brotherhood

Extended mags for Hi Point 40 S&W Carbine

Any one know of anybody that is building extended mags10+ rds for the 40 S&W carbines? I know you can get the 9mm (butt ugly in my mind) and the ones for the .45 APC but no 40S&W. wonder if a .45 mag could be modified cheaply in order to work in a 40? Any ideas?
Tom

1 Like

I’m running 10mm from a 45 mag. I’ve got it range toy reliable so far.

1 Like

Dred, is that in a 10mm carbine? Would you be able to measure the upper portion of the magzine and post them here. Or if you have access to a Hi Point 40S&W carbine see it the mag fits into it
Thanks in advance
Tom

2 Likes

I can tell you 9, 40, 10 and 45 have the same mag well - possibly .380 too. Trick to run 10 in a 45 mag is to work the 45 mag’s feed lips until they present the next round identically to the 10mm mags - I am close but I need the rounds to stay proud; right not the nose drops and inhibits feeding occasionally. 10mm OAL matches 45 OAL. I expect 40 will be a little more difficult to get the shorter rounds to transition and feed.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I was comparing the size of the rounds OAL of each caliber and see what you mean. I have 6 stock Hi Point mags for the carbine and in most of them the round sits in an almost nose down position which make manually removing rounds very difficult. I will see if I can take and post pictures. I sent an email to RedBall Sports who make the extended mags asking if they are going to make extended mags for the 40S&W but have not heard back.
Tom

2 Likes

Up date on this thread. I emailed RedBall and had a nice informative chat with them. All I will say is stand by for further information, hopefully sooner then later.
Tom

1 Like

Pro Mag makes extended mags for the 40, they’re 15 rounders. MidwayUSA sells them for $21.99 / product # 166802. I have two that I had to modify the cosmetics a bit to fit my original 4095 stock. I’m not a fan of Pro Mag but they seem to be the only game in town even after my purchase several years ago. These two work well…

2 Likes

@Benn Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

1 Like

Benn, Thank you for the info and welcome to the zoo.
Tom

1 Like