M*CARBO Brotherhood

Everything about Sub-2000 factory sights

I am starting this topic in an attempt to combine all of the various threads pertaining to the S2K factory sights into a single thread. As I sort through all of the existing threads, I will be moving the posts on that subject to this topic.
Please post future discussion on that topic here.

3 Likes

Hello everyone. I have an issue on my gen 2 sub2k. The front sight post appears to be canted and rubs the polymer on the butt stock when folding. I haven’t gone out to shoot it yet and its brand new out the box with a full set of MCARBO parts installed and I noticed that the factory rear sight doesn’t line up with the front. Front sight needs to come to the right to be centered. I tried to find information on correcting this but haven’t seen anyone cover this topic.

4 Likes

@btexasguns This seems to be a common issue with a lot of new S2K’s. The front sight can be straightened by simply heating it up with a heat gun to loosen it. I’m not sure of the product used on the front sight threads (maybe Rocksett) to hold it in place but I think maybe once it cools back down it will reharden and hold, worth a try.

5 Likes

Mine is slightly off, just got it a week ago. I spoke to the keltec rep and yes, he confirmed that we remove the thread protector, then hex nut then heat the sight with a hair dryer and break loose. Unfortunately I didn’t ask about what super stuff to use to remount. You’ll want to use a padded vice or vice grip to hold, counter hold for removing the nut and sight

5 Likes

@btexasguns Kel-Tec’s operators manual has instructions and pictures on sight adjustment on pages 11-15. There are 2 different front sights used. One has a small set screw that needs loosened, the other uses a locking nut in front of the sight. They both use loctite on the threads so heat may be necessary.

6 Likes

thank you for your swift replies. Consulting the owners manual and grabbing the heat gun !

3 Likes

One final question. What loctite do you guys use for the front sight post?

3 Likes

@btexasguns Use blue 242 Loctite or 242 Permatex, same stuff.

3 Likes

Ive used in the past Locktite 380"Black Max" , now im using the Vibra tite VC-3

1 Like

@GOBLIN

Hey Buck, How’s that working out for you?

2 Likes

My Gen2 was the same way. I just removed the thread protector and loosened the lock nut. Then placing the front sight on a piece of wood, I twisted the rifle until the sight was aligned properly. I then jammed the lock nut tightly to the front sight and reinstalled the thread protector. I DID NOT use any locktite and so far after a couple thousand rounds it has not moved.

5 Likes

@lonewolf so far so good, no firearm part ive applied it to, has moved a iota. used it exclusively on the sub 2000, should be up over 500 rnds tomorrow, and applied it to a 'breecher" tip i installed on a pump shotgun (250 rounds on it)
what gets me is i didnt think of using it sooner…

3 Likes

@btexasguns

When I removed the front sight on my Gen 2 all I can say is the original product used to hold it in place was a light grayish product, it was not blue, red or black in color.

2 Likes

@GOBLIN

I use the loctite on firearms like I did with cars as a tech. Use ‘red’ if you don’t service the parts ‘regularly.’ Red will not come apart easy at all… I switch ‘serviceable’ items using either ‘blue’ or ‘purple.’ It holds extraordinary and it comes off and cleans up fairly easily…

4 Likes

I set my S2K in a vise and removed the cover then
the twisted the front sight. I didn’t need to heat the sight to release the glue. I left the sight off.

2 Likes

i can’t help you but many on this site will ,welcome to the forum bud

3 Likes

Wich on is the newer version ? front sight with lock nut or the one with set screw

2 Likes

@Jeanson105 The one with the locking nut is the newest version Olivier.

3 Likes

Welcome the forum @btexasguns I also experienced the same issue and have not fixed it yet. Heres the link to my post Front Sight Adjustment .
Need to fix mine soon, don’t have a vice at home. Have one at work but dont think it would be cool, lol.

2 Likes

Hi,
So I am noticing that the front site on my sub2k has a angle to it.
When I fold the it I have to almost guide the top of the sight into the butstock cavaty. I see people quickly colapsing there’s and ther is no way I could do that with mint as the top of the sight would get caught on the very edge on the butstock part that receives the sight… sorry if I’m not making sense I’m trying to be as discriptive as I can. I can provide pictures later once I get home.
My guess is that maybe it got knocked around a little at the shop I bought it from. It’s new but who knows how many people asked to see it you know.
So can I just carefully crack the 3/4 sight locknut and adjust myself? Take it back to the shop and ask them to adjust it straight? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks y’all!
Lou
Looking to bump it a little to the right…
Example photo:

All Things SUB-2000!

6 Likes