M*CARBO Brotherhood

ETS Magazine Issues

Got turned on to the ETS mags a few weeks ago by my brothers here. Thanks guys.
The two I bought for my AR-45 work almost flawlessly, with only one failure to feed.
Still need to reproduce the failure and determine a cause before I go blaming the mag.
Otherwise, I’m quite happy with them and the translucent design is great and looks cool.

I also bought a 30 round ETS P320 9mm mag recently to try out for an AR-9 and P320.
But then I decided to convert my Sub-2000 to P320 as well and ordered the mag catch.
Installed the mag catch last night. Today I loaded 25 rounds in the ETS mag and tested.
It ran great until the last round. At this point, the follower is tilting the nose way too high.
The bullet is trying to load nose straight up and the bolt catches the side of the casing.

Seems it was designed for LRBHO to keep it from over tilting, which our subs don’t have.
Or the feed lips are weak allowing it to over tilt. I can see it flex while working the follower.
An anti-tilt follower might be a solution. If such a thing exists. Guess I’ll do a bit of research.

3 Likes

This will very seldom happen in my P320 X5 as well. The X5 has a LRBHO of course. Running 10 of their 30 round mags here.

Some of my ETS mags will let the top round creep forward quite a bit when I have them on my belt running around. They do get jostled around quite a bit as I’m running, going prone, shooting from behind barricades, etc. I don’t notice it until I change mags. I don’t think one has popped out yet but it’s been close. I suspect the inside of the polymer feed lips are just too slick.

Edited to add that this never happens with Sig X5 21 round steel mags. Same for the Magpul 17 round glock mags. I don’t think I’ve seen it with the 31 round ETS Glock mags but I can’t swear to it. That may just be lack of use tho as I generally run the Magpuls over the ETS in the PCC.

5 Likes

I have yet to try this mag in my P320 or my AR-9, but feel it will be fine.
Also need to shoot the 21 rounders in the sub-2000, just to be sure.
My 21 rd mags have been very reliable in my P320 and AR, flawless.
I’m gonna get at least a few more ETS 30 rd mags, at some point.
I’ll just pick out the best ones to use in the sub2k.

2 Likes

I have an update. The ETS mag is activating the LRBHO on my P320 with one left in the mag.
And it will not fit in the Mag-X adapter on my AR-9, at all. Just won’t go in far enough to lock.
Not being able to use them in the AR deletes any and all plans to buy more. So 21 rd mags, it is.

I’m not gonna hate on ETS, their mags work great in my AR-45, I’ll buy more of those. Not these.

3 Likes

i bought 2 of these for a Glock 22 40cal build and neither will feed properly. Factory mags work great, the ETS just fail. Quite disappointing.

DR

6 Likes

After the AR-45 success, I was expecting better results from them with 9mm.
Oh well, you win some, you lose some. Welcome to the site, btw.

3 Likes

@drinva welcome to the forum duanne

5 Likes

I use ETS mags in my Sub and 2 other weapons. I bought about 10 a few years ago. They all had feeding issues. I was not happy. I contacted ETS customer service asking for replacement or refund. They replied with a possible solution. I followed the directions they gave and now they are working fine. I used WD-40 Dry Lube.

Here is what they told me to do.

• Disassemble mag and clean spring and interior with a clean dry cloth.

• Remove any lint left behind.

• Lightly lubricate the spring and interior of mag with dry lubricant.

• Re-assemble

9 Likes

I use a dry lube - Hornady One Shot on all of my mags. For the guns I am going to carry, I also do a light spray on the cartridges before loading up the mags.

9 Likes

That is HILARIOUS given the state of my new, fresh out the package, never loaded, 30rd M&P ETS. There is clearly liquid something in the mag. It hasn’t been loaded 'cause I know I gotta open it and dry it.

3 Likes

Mine were dry. Customer service indicated they were working on a solution. I’m going to assume that they found a solution.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. It may come in handy if I develop feeding issues.
I don’t think it will help with the LRBHO issue I’m having, though.

I’ll just run the 21 round Sig mags and have a ton of fun with those.

3 Likes

I run 4 ETS mags in my Sub and Glock 19 work flawlessly for me. That being said they might need to make another revision to their p320 mags.

4 Likes

I just started using the ETS mags the last couple of months. They have worked flawlessly in my Glock 19s 9mm and Glock 21sf 45acp. I recently built an AR9 using glock mags. ETS and Amend 2 magazines are the only ones that work flawlessly in the AR so far. Pmag, RWB, KCI, all have some some problems in the AR. The extended Pmag won’t even fit, too tight. AR9 is new, so could still be a few problems with my feed ramp which I’m working on.
Bottom line ETS works great in all three of my glock 9mms. in glock 45 acp and AR9 9mm…

6 Likes

I’ll probably buy some more, but only because Dan Bongino told me to.
No, but really, I do want to give the AR mags a try.

4 Likes

@Bead welcome to the forum gene

3 Likes

@ValorSolo Dan is the man for reals. I’ve always liked him

3 Likes

ETS instantly sent me 2 new magazine springs for mine, installed but haven’t tried them yet …

3 Likes

I bought two 31-round and a 40-round (but will hold 41) ETS Glock mags and tried them out in my Sub2K today. All three ran flawlessly, no problems at all.

3 Likes

:eye: have a ETS 10 round clear mag for my Glock26…It’s never failed once.

1 Like