M*CARBO Brotherhood

Empty Plastic Ammo Holders

MAN!!
I got a butt load of these empty ammo holders✌️
I recycle the cardboard box.
Can’t seem to throw away the plastic case holders.
I might need them for something, anything.
Haven’t figured out for what just now.

Got any IDEALS??

7 Likes

If you know any reloaders you could give them to them.

7 Likes

@Festus
WELL…
That’s a thought​:v::v::v::v:

OK, I guess

How about a trade✌️

Mag dump on that there Beretta? :v::v::v::v:

4 Likes

I save all my cases and store them in the plastic trays…for a trade down the line or sell the brass if I’m desperate…not.:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Um…let me think…sure! :+1:

4 Likes

I do but they are not related to anything here…

4 Likes

You use the pointy ones as a defense around your house. If any barefoot criminal steps on them, well its just like Legos!

5 Likes

I use them for storing reloaded cartridges and newly swaged bullets. I sort them out according weight. I also use then to line cast boolets up on the baking sheet for powder coating. I never throw them away.

7 Likes

Can you paint bullets?

3 Likes

Wellll…im intent on reloading so I save my boxes to put my loads in.keep an from banging around,keep track of how many times the brass has been fired(u can load 3or4 at standard pressure right?)ECT…uhm,other than that,unless u got some REALLY tiny plants…

3 Likes

I’m sorry,did you say PAINT bullets?

1 Like

Plenty of people powder coat their cast bullets instead of using a traditional lube.

5 Likes

Oh ok,I see now! That makes sense

1 Like

The only problem I see there,and I could be wrong,is one would need something hard like acrylic enamel-not nail polish! Powder coat is tough stuff it can take it,idk about paint.duznt seem practice.

1 Like

I’ve read where people used paint and it sticks well to the bullet, except where it’s in the grooves of the rifling. And it’s a pain to get the paint fouling out. The powder coat is baked so it’s more better.

3 Likes

Hmmm…maybee nail polish WOULD be an option.it is Acryllic enamel(not as hard as the stuff on your car)and it is self leveling,clear is the best,I use it for acid etching SS.i can get it for $1.00 at dollar General(or a similar bargain mkt)and 100&acetone nail polish remover takes it plumb away.might worth a shot-takes a long time to dry tho

2 Likes

Tell me how this powder coating buisness Works…your using it in lue of lube ok,does it come of in the die? I know it’s electrostasticly applied and baked so that’s unlikely.does it foul your barrel any? Never heard of this.intresting :thinking: :chipmunk: :dash:

2 Likes

Powder coating is in lieu of lube. It allows higher velocities without leading up the barrel. Also it’s less exposure to lead in the reloading room.

It’s an easy process. Place cast bullets in a plastic container. Add harbor freight powder coating powder (I use red) cover and shake for two minutes or so. Place on parchment paper and bake at 250 degrees for 13-15 minutes. Allow to cool. Reload ammo.

3 Likes

Wow.huh! That’s cool,who’d thunk it? Someone mentioned it once and we where both scratching our heads.i guess it would be eaiser to get out of the barrel than lead :thinking:.very informative brothu :+1:t4: :bomb: :chipmunk:

I’ve run a couple thousand thru 15 revolvers and have never found any of the powder coat in the barrels.
I can slam a powder coated bullet with a hammer and it doesn’t come off.

Tons of guys have videos on YouTube check em out.

2 Likes