Electric VS Gasoline powered vehicles

Perhaps a little “search” …:face_with_monocle:

Given the push by the Biden administration to shore up a local supply chain and enable more American manufacturing for electric vehicles, it may come as a bit of a surprise that the vast majority of EV battery packs and cells are already made in the U.S.

According to a recent update from the U.S. Department of Energy Vehicle Technologies Office, nearly 70% of cell capacity and more than 87% of battery packs produced for U.S. market light-duty plug-in electric vehicles (battery electric and plug-in hybrid combined) were made in the U.S.

Tesla is:
Tesla Giga Nevada (or Gigafactory 1) is a lithium-ion battery and electric vehicle component factory in Storey County, Nevada . The facility, located east of Reno, is owned and operated by Tesla, Inc., and supplies the battery packs for the company’s electric vehicles (except vehicles produced at Giga Shanghai).

Toyota is:
Toyota plans to open the plant in 2025 and create 1,750 jobs. Toyota will build its first North American battery factory in North Carolina . When complete in 2025, it can produce enough batteries for at least

Nissan is…in your state…:face_with_monocle:

Ford is:
In Kentucky, the Envision AESC project follows last year’s announcement that Ford and its battery partner will build twin battery plants outside Glendale in central Kentucky . That mega-project will create 5,000 jobs to produce batteries for the automaker’s next generation of electric vehicles.

GM is:…not saying I trust them either. I do like now the battery bricks are more dense and easily replaceable.

Ultium Cells, a joint venture of LG Energy Solution and General Motors, announced a $2.6 billion investment to build its third battery cell manufacturing plant in the United States. The facility will be located in Lansing, Michigan .

SimpliPhi is:
Where are SimpliPhi batteries made? All of SimpliPhi’s products are Manufactured in California, USA

My SimpliPhi LFP home power batteries are “Cobalt Free” …:face_with_monocle::+1::zap::zap::zap::grin:

1 Like

I reckon this BS will start to change that. There is a big battery plant being built in Commerce GA by some Korean outfit. They got one stupendous tax break to build but have since been caught importing Korean workers illegally instead of hiring American workers like they promised.

5 Likes

Back to China BYD: :face_with_monocle::zap::zap::zap:

Anyone who believes that the current administration wants to bring manufacturing back to the USA needs to spend some time reading up on what is actually being proposed. Instead of oil pipelines, which are much safer than shipping oil by truck or train, farmland is being taken to build a CO2 pipeline. Think an oil pipeline leak is bad, think what would happen if CO2, which is heavier than air, leaks out. Anyone within range/downwind of the leak would be killed. CO2 “clouds” could drift for miles before becoming diluted enough to no longer being lethal. Critical metals used to build LiFePO batteries are not allowed to be mined on the USA, so we have to buy them from CHINA. In short, the ideal of using “green energy” in lieu of oil requires much more development before being viable. And when current LiFePO batteries need replacement, they are too lethal to safely recycle using current technology.

7 Likes

Love the trunk in the front! :grin: Plenty of room to “kick-scream-cry”! Everywhere…:face_with_monocle::+1:
Price is excellent. But it’s too big for me and I don’t like “body roll” in a truck. I went to extra expenses to upgrade the front/rear suspension on my 05 Titan to eliminate body roll on me Hiway #9 with 67 curves to town. :face_with_monocle:

The Rivian R1T would better fit my needs.

Even better is the Tesla Cybertruck with 4 E-motors…No paint sounds good to me…:face_with_monocle::zap::zap::zap:

1 Like

image This is mine ! :laughing:

2 Likes

Going camping/glamping? :sunglasses::zap::zap::zap::zap:

Follow the money.

2 Likes

Interesting read on how much material is projected to be needed…

1 Like
3 Likes

Video above looks like an “unbalanced” mix of ground mounted panels to me…:face_with_monocle:

Snow on a roof or double-triple layered shingles outweighs solar panels any day.

That’s what the Midnight Solar “BIRDHOUSE” Emergency Disconnect
Switch is for…yes it’s UL approved. A single “all-in-one” RED button disconnect that even talks to you day or night…:face_with_monocle:

Firefighters already know about them…as does the inspectors per code.
FireFighter Approved

1 Like

Next up: AWESOME Catamarans…solar powered of course…:face_with_monocle::scream::+1::zap::zap::zap:

Sea Tesla’s…:+1::dolphin::zap::zap::zap:

1 Like

To see the new styles of pontoons and cats out there, makes one wonder if there is a way to use old wind turbine blades recycled as floats :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Lots of uses are being explored…

1 Like

5 Likes

2 Likes

Here comes the next F1….flying electric race cars…:zap::zap::zap::zap::+1:

1 Like

Forward to the last two races to see the seeds of the future of air combat maneuvers….

Guys/girls like this are the next fighter jocks

I used to work for Kohler Generators. For several years I was the Final Assembly Supervisor for their 25kw to 1mgw prime/standby generators. I am guessing that is a 30 - 45kw unit. The black component under that particular generator is the diesel full tank. Filled with @100(?) gallons of diesel for giving folks EVs their power. Batteries are NOT power… they can never produce power, only store it.

Me personally? I would prefer to smell the exhaust of a newer car than the diesel smoke coming out of that generator. Look at the size of the muffler it uses (located on top. And that shows less than half of it).
And noise pollution? I have heard 1,000’s of these diesel gen sets run… not quiet in the least bit. You need hearing protection when you are near them.

2 Likes