M*CARBO Brotherhood

EDC Trauma IFAK

The way things are happening around us, It is important to have some sort of EDC IFAK to have within your reach or on your person. I have taken CPR &First aid course since 2007 and renew before expire date. Now I will take a class on Stop the Bleed next week end. My EDC Trauma IFAK includes Combat application tourniquet Gen 7 with sheers in a case. Chest seals 2pk., 4 inch pressure bandage, Quick clot gauze, Compressed Crinkle gauze and Combat medics tape. Nitrle gloves.All in a Redline tear away pouch. The next course I will take after is Dirt Medicine. My mini kit includes band aides, Ibuprofen, Small spray bottle of 91% Isopropyl alcohol, ace bandages, Cotton pads and swabs.

13 Likes

Just got my Emergency Care certificate for Wilderness First Aid and and CPR/AED
Ready to rumble now! and it is a good idea in our world today to get some basic instruction.
Now I need the bullet and arrow bullet hole endorsement…

4 Likes

I get 99% of my gear from here. built several bags from here, my truck bag, My IFAC’s ,Blast out kits ect. I was taking 2 classes a year, but 2020 changed that, none were scheduled local, and so far this year none.
I am picky about the shears i have . sorry, but the standard ones ive had would not cut thru jeans and a boot when they blood soaked and twisted up ( patched for transport more than a few bike wreak’s) Leatherman Raptor shears. they roll right thru leather and heavy ballistic nylon

https://www.rescue-essentials.com/north-american-rescue/?cmp_id=1780434180&adg_id=86836716926&kwd=&device=c&gclid=CjwKCAjwg4-EBhBwEiwAzYAlsmwG5itrrtHIokW0sPyH1OOQ0uXvOfGIeoanXbaboY4PVpHxpkfKbhoCSYMQAvD_BwE

8 Likes

Buck, are these not worth a damn?

4 Likes

those are ok but on thick leather you have to chew thru, and some of the cheaper ones actually deflect and bend, and people around actually get nervous if you pull out a knife to cut clothing away at a wreak. specially bike wreaks where leather is a common over layer…
hard part about the raptors is you cant set em down. they tend to grow legs and just walk away,and it hurts with their price tag

6 Likes

I know which one I’m gonna order…the engraved ones with free shipping …
not sure what color yet? :raising_hand_man::scissors:
Are the handles plastic…? Hope not!!!

3 Likes

Link would be helpful :wink:

3 Likes

And the holster…:grin:

3 Likes

Your first post had that FAZ logo…assumed you had some other site with a deal.
Perused Buck’s link and did the initials, etc and added to cart for the free shipping. Not cheap by any means, but its Leatherman of course.

4 Likes

Looks like they want a “cut” of the action! :scissors::scream::face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

plastic covered metal handles. any color besides black. black seems to walk away a lot,.ugliest color you can find that catches your eye…

5 Likes

Love the raptor. The holster is solid and works great. Has a ring cutter and a seat belt cutter too. NAR is where I get most stuff, but their shipping can be hit or miss (fast or slow). Finished our home med kit/blow out kit a few months back. Got a basic bobo kit, and a IFAK on my battle belt. Have been trained with everything I carry. Here’s the home kit.

Bobo kit

Made the insert out of kydex and some elastic cord. Ziploc for basic water proofing. Tried vacuum sealing but it popped the iodine and alcohol prep pads and leaked.

5 Likes