M*CARBO Brotherhood

Easy cleaning Sub 2000

I have had my Sub 2000 9mm, Glock magazine for 3 1/2 years. I have installed the trigger kit, and many other items offered by M-Carbo. I use this gun in carbine 3 gun, and it has preformed flawlessly, for many rounds of 9mm. I do clean the barrel, bolt, inside the chamber the best I can. This year I decided to put in the stainless steel feed ramp, although the stock one looked great. When I took split the receiver apart, I could not believe how filthy the inside of the gun was. The springs were covered with grit and grime. After I completely cleaned the inside and reassembled the gun with the new feed ramp installed, I got to thinking. Is there a way to clean the inside of the receiver without taking the gun completely apart, which is a pain in the butt? What does everyone else do? I was thinking, I could remove the safety and spray gun cleaner in that hole, and I should be able to clean the springs etc,then use compressed air to blow the gunk from the gun. Any other ideas?

6 Likes

Given the difficulty of a total teardown and how dirty the S2K runs, I too would love any thoughts on how to more thoroughly clean it - especially within the grip halves.

5 Likes

Cock the hammer, put the safety on, disassemble. Turn it upside down, put the spray tube from your favorite gun cleaner up the magazine well and spray off the sear, hammer, and trigger bar, then spray lube in there the same way - I use quick-drying silicone. Put a long-handled bottle brush sprayed with cleaner through the front of the receiver to scrub the feed ramps, ejector, hammer face, and chamber area, then run a shop rag from the back of the receiver and pull it out the ejection port. Use cotton swabs to get the crevices. Clean the bolt, lube the tube a little, clean the bolt face, snake the barrel. Reassemble, function check, all done.

4 Likes

@phuzzy42 That’s why I like my Glocks so much. Every 3 to 4 years I throw them in an old rusty bucket and add Clorox, a dryer sheet, and fine sand. Stir well and let them sit for an hour, no need to rinse them. Good as new.

5 Likes

I just toss it in the dish washer, top shelf. Pull it out before the sanitize cycle…

Just kidding. I use a microfiber pulled from magwell through the front. Blow it out with compressed air. Don’t use a lot of lube, over lubing it will cause excessive wear, by causing grit and junk to stick to everything.

Other then that once a year I’ll tear it apart for a full cleaning.

4 Likes

If my ultrasonic was big enough I’d just drop it in there and let the “Good Vibrations” song play in my head for an hour or two.

4 Likes

Lucas Oil Products “Extreme Duty Gun Cleaner”. It’s a high pressure spray that cleans powder and firing residue, oil, and grease. It also has a drying agent and it’s polymer safe. The high pressure spray allows you to use it without taking the gun completely apart. You need to use it outside or over a bucket because it blows out some serious $hit from your gun.

6 Likes

Thanks, that might do the trick. I would hate having to take apart the gun to clean it.

1 Like

This is why I love EEzox… As a retired police armorer EEzox is the best stuff that was ever on my bench PERIOD! AND I HAVE WORKED ON HUNDREDS OF GUNS! I have had chemicals from every manufacturer given to me (some even forced on me) for evaluation. Eezox was not given to me by the company, an old police officer I used to work with turned me on to it. A toothbrush, Birchwood Caseys Gun Scrubber (that S@#T is amazing, it is like carb cleaner for guns), some of the CLEAR (not Hoppe’s) mil spec cleaners, then the end lube with EEzox. EEzox goes on wet and turns into a dry lube. It is also advertised not to make primers inert if it gets on your rounds. I have no relationship with EEzox, but that is the best stuff I ever used. All of the synthethics worked great. To save $$$$ for a lube (not a cleaner) a quart of Mobil 1 (5W30 or 0W30) will last almost forever.

3 Likes

I have used EEzox before, my 32 Seacamp required it. It didn’t work well in my 1911 45acp I use for pins and Wild Bunch shooting. For lube, I do use Mobil 1 and Mobil 28 grease. I just don’t like having to split the Kel-Tec every time it needs a good cleaning. Thanks

1 Like

Agreed!

And, this is good to know. 1911s are still running on Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil that I picked up at an auto parts store. Simply continue to be impressed by its performance. Just something comforting about lubing a 1911, assembling, working the slide and the action, then wiping up the excess. Then I smile again when she shows me she’s a little wet while she’s working.

1 Like

Hi Bob,
I like the ease of your general cleaning method for my Keltec S2000. I also have a Calico M100 that I will use this method on. I’ve tried to purchase this stuff both in retail stores and on line.

Just one question…where can I purchase this “Extreme Duty Gun Cleaner”?

Thanks

Allen

2 Likes

Amazon, of course. $9.00 I believe.

1 Like

Yep, Amazon had it, I think I paid $8.73, delivered in two days.

1 Like

I can find Lucas Extreme Duty CLP on Amazon. It is Clean, Lube Protect. Is this what you are referencing?

I ask because I can also find contact cleaner. Since Lucas Extreme Duty Contact Cleaner is essentially a plastics-safe brake cleaner, it also comes close to your description.

1 Like

click the link at the bottom of the page to find a distributor near ya brother

1 Like

midway got it

1 Like

I have used Mobil 1, but now I am going through the rest of my BMW motorcycle fork oil. I think most high end motorcycle fork oils will work well since they are formulated to perform under high impact and temperatures.

2 Likes

This forum is awesome! I’ve been shooting Firearms since I was probably five and cleaning guns with Dad a few years later. I’ve never heard of the Lucas products :thinking::shushing_face:. So, I had a speedy delivery form Amazon… What a great product! I bunched all my other cleaners and what not and crated them. I lubed up a M&P Shield 9mm, M&P 9mm and the S2K… To be continued

4 Likes

I forgot to state that prior to the EEzox I use the Polymer safe version of Birchwood Caseys gun cleaner. That stuff is LIKE the most agressive version of carb cleaner that is made for guns. Spray the Birchwood Caseys Gun cleaner inside every crack and crevice you can find and it will be like mud is pouring out of the gun. Work the action while you are spraying… The Birchwood Caseys Gun Cleaner will dry rapidly then you can use a dry cleaner/lube like the EEzox. Doing this you will have no buyers remorse.

1 Like