M*CARBO Brotherhood

Drones: Any interest?

I just bought a small DJI Mavic Mini to play with while travelling.
A friend/co-worker has the bigger Mavic Air and it is quite impressive.
I don’t know much about them yet and haven’t had time to learn much.
Looking forward to learning and having massive amounts of fun.

8 Likes

@ValorSolo I want one to video my stage runs while competing. Is that something yours can do? Like set it in hover while I do other stuff?

7 Likes

Yes, I believe so. I know the Mavic Air can hover, lock on to people and track them.
It will follow them around. I think mine can as well. But I haven’t gotten that far yet.

One very impressive feature of the Air is it’s ability to hover in place even in strong winds.

7 Likes

I really want one. But I’m too afraid I’ll crash the damn thing, or it will drop into the water and I’ll loose it forever. So I keep buying guns and gear instead. But, yea, they look fun.

8 Likes

Oh yes…I’ve been on a waiting list for a couple of years now…

8 Likes

Merry Christmas…again…

4 Likes

I’m seriously considering a Mavic Mini. The price is decent for a quality, mostly well-featured product, and it’s pretty dang portable. I don’t have a super practical use for it, but it would be cool for hikes and vacations to cool destinations.

Post back with your impressions!

4 Likes

@Kona

The Mavic Mini apparently doesn’t have ActiveTrack due to not having Obstacle Avoidance.
So no Follow-Me option. There is a feature called QuickShot that I’m learning about.
Not sure but I think the drone stays in one place and follows with the camera.

4 Likes

My brother got me a drone for my birthday last week, was delivered last evening.

I’m not working because…YOU KNOW!!! So I have time to play around with it today.

Yesterday I went to a indoor ranger and practiced with 9mm. Sig SP2022 & Ruger Lc9s Pro.

Ruko F11 Pro Drone 4K Quadcopter UHD Live Video GPS Drones, FPV Drone with Camera for Adults Beginner 30 Mins Flight Time Long 2500mAh Battery Brushless Motor-Black(1 Extra Battery + Carrying Case). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VCD1SRL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_bwvCEbQRKZ87M

8 Likes

@Captainjack88 Awesome brother! Now you just need a little music to go with it:

Eye in the Sky see you…:eyes::v:

3 Likes

Ordered a new “skin” for my drone from https://www.decalgirl.com/
Was very easy to install and very forgiving. Solid State ODG.
I planned to only skin parts of the drone, but was having too much fun.

8 Likes

I love my Mavic Mini, got into it just before December 2019 and its been very very reliable and fun to fly. Just be be sure to set your return to GPS homepoint and “return to home” altitude, check battery power level often when flying and mind the wind direction if your going out for a long distance flight. Flying into the wind at the beginning mostly keeps you out of trouble with this small drone so you’ll have the wind helping to push it back home when your low on battery power and its time to fly back. Camera is even better than the 2.7k specs. Really good photography/Video drone if your on the cheap - should run about $500 with the “Fly more” kit - you get extra batteries, propellers, charging dock, etc… It is pretty darn stable even in 20mph winds but wait for more ideal conditions to fly. Really good drone.

If you want the drone to follow you autonomously…its the Skydio2 your looking for. At least at this time - using the beacon accessory.

6 Likes

I purchased the new DJI Mavic Air 2 recently and while in NV got some footage of the wild Mustangs.

10 Likes

That’s awesome. Great footage. Thanks for sharing.
Seems lately I’m either working or it’s raining.
Never get to fly mine anymore.

5 Likes

Shot this the other day.
Wanted to post it for the 4th Of July, but had to take my lovely wife to the hospital yesterday evening.
All’s good, false alarm. It was a good thing to go in and make sure!

8 Likes

Nice and smooth video…and a nice finishing touch!

Glad to hear your wife is ok…celebrate… :boom::boom::boom::sunglasses::v:

4 Likes

How the hell did I miss this posting? Agree with @ValorSolo, great footage. These drones are tempting me…

4 Likes

@Captainjack88

That is really neat, nice smooth video…need some music to go with that lake footage. Glad your wife is ok.

5 Likes

Glad all is good as well.
My friend Roger submitted his drone development into this NATO event.

Didn’t win but came in the top 5.

Some crazy drone technology out there!

Cheers,

3 Likes

Pardee Lake
Short video from photos.
Working on learning to edit videos and add music.
Haven’t used a computer in a few years. Having to use the wife’s laptop because mine is to old. I prefer to use my iPhone for everything.
More to come.

3 Likes