M*CARBO Brotherhood

DOJ Rant of the day

/rant on

Just my DOJ rant of the day. Submitted over a month and a half ago for an address change on my 03FFL. STILL waiting…

Dear Mr. DOJ, I would like my updated license issued so i stop missing decent deals on C&E guns.

Thanks!

/rant off

I mean, how long should it really take. I had the initial FFL sent to me in less than 60 days on an INITIAL issuance!

7 Likes

@Drumbic hi chris can you not pay for the deals you are missing leave them with the shop and when your licence comes through just go pick them up ,here in ireland its one gun one licence you havs to get a licence for each indavidul gun at acost of 80 euro every 3 years no mater if its an air rifle ,crossbow,or an 9.3 but first you have to buy the gun and leave it with the dealer or whom ever your buying it from and you need your licence with you when your buying your ammo for each gun even the pellets

5 Likes

Most that I have been looking at are from other collectors and not from shops. Now we could take them to a shop and have them transferred. However, I am in a state that has a waiting period and it would cost $25 for the transfer. I find pointless to do as I have the FFL that would allow me to not have to spend the extra 25 and wait around for the waiting period to end.

I finally received an email back from the DOJ/ATF this morning. They have processed my address change and sent the new license out. They said they mailed it early this week. So we shall see.

Altho, not having the updated license in hand might have made the wife happy i havnt spent on a new rifle LOL

5 Likes

October 3… FFL with Change of Address shows up… :confused:

4 Likes

yep that about right. i preordered 2 of the PSA “BETO” lowers now for the life of me i cant comprehend the following,
#1 I pre order the 2 ea PSA Lowers online because i cannot preorder from the brick and mortar PSA store less than 30 minutes away.
#2 I had to have it shipped, not to the PSA store, oh no couldnt do that, but a LGS 1.2 hrs away plus pay the fee,
where does the above make any dang sense?

4 Likes

@GOBLIN Why wont they ship to your local PSA???

ANNNND I reviewed my amended FFL… THEY didnt update the CITY that i moved to and left the OLD one. OH but got the new house number and street correct… SMH! Sent them an email and waiting to hear back now…

5 Likes

dont know, and what ever is on sale online, doesnt mean its onsale at the brick and mortar store. got into a argument with em 2 weeks ago on that. the fact that i cant order online, then pick it up on my way past the place, just boggles my mind. especially as i gotta pay their competition 25$ a receiver to use their FFL makes no sense.

4 Likes

@GOBLIN its all about money buck [there taking buck for a buck] :face_with_raised_eyebrow::laughing:

3 Likes

Got a reply to my email, they have corrected the issue and even emailed me a copy! Said my hard copy will be here in 3-5 days.

2 Likes

These type things to limit the 2nd amendment will increase.

4 Likes

I had no idea you could even purchase an air gun in Eire. While the wife & I visited my extended family in Limerick they could not comprehend me being a gun owner, 2A supporter, daily concealed carrier but they nearly choked when my wife told them we shoot together.
Sláinte

4 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out what I can and can’t do to my 410 upper.
I want to cut the barrel down to 13" and run it on the SCR lower.
I can easily modify the BCG to work with this lower, myself.

It’s under .50, so there’s some that believe it wouldn’t be an issue.
Others say the barrel needs to be rifled. Not something I want to hear.
OAL will still be over 26" so it’s not an AOW. Unless that’s changed.
The lower is originally designed as a pistol and clearly sold as such.

How does Remington, Mossberg, etc get around this BS?

4 Likes

I asked the same because i wanted to do a mares leg and here’s the answer i got the old it was original designed as a pistol and is not a converted rifle Routine… I asked that question about a black aces when i had to buy a barrel because the shotgun i had bought previous was 1/32 short on min length… its a lot like AR’S if it started as a pistol it is a pistol but if it was started as a rifle it cant become a pistol… load of bullcrap if you ask me.

4 Likes

cunis a ta tu @Proinsias agus failte only air rifle you cant get an air pistol ,there are about 170000 legaly held fire arms in ireland but that includes rifles air rifles shot guns crossbows some hand guns but very little of them there very strict on them here, there are god knows how many illegaly held guns that there are ,most gun owners come from outside the citys
SLAINTE FRANK

3 Likes

@Proinsias limerick is known as stab city its mostly knives they have there:grimacing:

4 Likes

Well I didn’t know that back in 2016 but I always have a blackthorn cane with me for when my left ankle decides to be a pain int the ass. The funny thing is, while speaking with my cousin Tony about my 2A rights he pointed out all the cameras and was telling me how they listen for the sound of gunshots AND that has reduced crime. I corrected him and said it’s reduced gun crime but criminals always find the next best thing to use.

5 Likes

@Proinsias well frank your sort of right most the criminals dont give a toss about cameras crime has reduced over the past few years and thats because most of the main players are serving long sentences in prison ,there had been a big crack down after a few inocent people were murdered

4 Likes