I’d like to thank the nice folks at MCARBO for making an amazing product. I did the complete hammer and spring kit on my Remington 597, but I didn’t stop there. I also replaced the extractor, plunger, and extractor spring with the kit from MCARBO, and it wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. I took off the glass the factory shipped with the rifle and replaced it with a Nikon Prostaff P3 made for rimfire use. I also drilled in a rifle sling mount and added a bipod.
One major gripe about the build quality of the 597. I’m not half as angry about the cheap quality of the extractor as I am the receiver. I ordered Weaver rails made by Remington specifically for the 597 only to find out the tap holes on the receiver were already stripped of the threads. The rifle was shipped in that condition. I mounted the scope on the original dovetail rings, but ordered a dovetail-to-Weaver conversion rail from Amazon. I was so irritated at Remy for shipping a rifle with stripped threads in the receiver housing.
Other than that, it has really come together. I can’t wait to get her out on the range and see what she’ll do.