Deer Hunting Season

There ya go! Keep going with the crossbow and if he gets “cross” with you about it, tell his a$$ you only had his trees at heart…

6 Likes

If you’re sure youve checked every local ordinance, i would be comfortable giving it a shot.
What state are you in? Here in michigan, saftey zones are 400 ft from any occupied building or public roadway.
Also here, you are not permitted to trespass on private property, even while pursuing game. That may complicate things with the neighbors unless you get a spine shot and drop one on the spot.

4 Likes

I live in indiana. I need to call dnr but last I herd the safe zone here is 300 feet. I just don’t want to be “that guy” but I’m getting tired of having to fight about everything I’m doing here. Last time I checked the mortgage statement in the mail box it had my name on it and they expected me to pay it. I even invited him over to look and see where I was gonna be hunting at and he declined. These people have been a pain in my a$$ ever since I moved here 5 years ago.

6 Likes

There’s part of the thing….New kid on the country block. Been there in central Illinois.
Try an invite to something more idle as a reset with them. Don’t even mention it the first outing unless they bring it up. You would just have to feel them out from there.

5 Likes

I’d buy a suppressor and something like a .300 blackout and hunt. On 2 acres that’s plenty weapon for dropping deer at short ranges and they’ll never hear it.

7 Likes

I’d do your own thing as long as you are not shooting towards their house you will be fine.

2 acres is small to hunt. I live on 1.9 and would never think of deer hunting on something that size due to game recovery issues unless your neighbors were cool with it.

My solution was to lease 80 acres from a timber company. Gives me a place to hunt and camp for $480 a year.

7 Likes

Thanks for the advise guys. I will keep everyone posted as to my decisions and out comes.

7 Likes

Man, I don’t ask nobody for no permissions on my dirt. I am the best kind of neighbor they can have. I stay on my side of the property line and don’t see, hear or say nothing about what happens on their side. They’ll be happiest if they adhere to a similar philosophy.

6 Likes

Deer hunting on only two acres is breaking it off in my estimation.

2 Likes

@kygman. Could you please explane

3 Likes

It’s not a deer but first kill of the season.

10 Likes

Saved a many a fawn good going.

8 Likes

In central and southern Georgia it’s the damn coyotes what eat the fawns. Now they’re colonizing up here in the hills…

5 Likes

It’s looking more and more like we need to get a couple of traps from the coop and learn dirt hole sets. The last 4 years or so I’ll set some DP’s up on a few late spring weekends for the raccoons. Still see them on trail cam pics. But not nearly as bad at the feeder as before.

4 Likes

@Rod i read your shooting at least 100 yards from his property so your ok there you dont really want to fall out with neighbours that can cause all sorts of problems and remember a good neighbour is an extra sensor on your alarm system you will problably have to do some extra talking and explaining to him if that doesnt work just do what you feel you have and want to do you can use a surpressor on your gun ,and if your within your rights the law will be on your side and the fuzz wil just tell you to talk to him, hope this helps bud and happy shooting

2 Likes

some suburban deer hunting success:

3 Likes

Central Idaho early season Oct 16th 309yrds on our back property 30.06 165gr

12 Likes

@WTP11176 good looking deer. The recent drop in temperature in Kentucky has really stirred up the local deer population. Saw a nice 8 pointer chasing a doe about 20 yards from our back door yesterday afternoon. Thats the second time I’ve seen him. Need to use extreme care while driving on our back roads especially at night.

FJB

7 Likes

He’s a decent harvest buck for sure but I’ve got another one I’ve been after for a cpl yrs but couldn’t get a clear shot off this yr he’s a 5x6

Blurry pic is pre-season last yr and below his track. Need 2-3 cams spread out up there I guess

3rd pic is last yrs harvest big bodied 3x4… crazy thing is I dropped him about 20yrs from this yrs take

12 Likes

@WTPIII76 you got yourself a fine buck we usually make burgers out of the bucks and you would get a few out of your one ,and get joints and steaks out of the younger prickets

7 Likes