M*CARBO Brotherhood

December Division HG 1

`10yd rimfire handgun targets here please.

Div. HG-1
Beretta M9/.22lr Conversion
CCI Blazer 40gr LRN
Open sights

3 Likes

HG1 Division
Taurus TX-22 .22LR
Winchester SuperX
Open Sights

I’ll gladly concede when @Tumeric submits his target with a 1/4" group. :rofl:

5 Likes

Nice Steve. I have a Glock 44 but my next purchase is definitely the Taurus TX-22. :+1:

1 Like

Can’t let @Turmeric get ALL the glory. LOL It’s not a bad little shooter. The bulge on the back of the grip makes it just a little too big for me but I can adapt. If you get one, polish the #($*@& out of every place that moves against another place, including the plastic under the trigger bar, and I mean tear it down completely other than the FCU. Mine felt gritty until I did that, and it’s also loosened up some since I got it. I went ahead and bought two more mags for it.

Here’s a good 100% disassembly/reassembly video…

One other thing - it has adjustable rear sights and the manual had the windage and elevation screws opposite what they really are. The rear screw is elevation - clockwise moves POI up. The front screw is windage - clockwise moves POI right. Took me a while to get sighted in because none of my adjustments got me closer to the bullseye. :grin: The sights are replaceable (there are also aftermarket sights available) and if you can’t get enough windage adjustment, you can loosen the mounting screw and move the entire sight. That may have been why @hrfunk couldn’t get it sighted in when he reviewed it.

2 Likes

I am not sure I like the trigger pull… seems a bit “finicky”. Any problems with you?

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by finicky. Mine seems pretty consistent. It won’t win any awards for being a great trigger, but pull is smooth and fairly short, hits a definite wall, then breaks crisply. Reset is short and audible. In my opinion, the trigger ‘safety’ is pretty much worthless - just about anywhere you touch it except at the extreme top will move the trigger shoe back far enough to disengage it.

Trigger pull was 5lb 14oz (averaged over 5 pulls) when I got it and 4lb 4oz after polishing. Just checked it again and it’s 4lb 9oz, well within normal variance. The pull reduction is solely from smoothing everything, including the polymer the trigger bar sits against - no other mods were made. I really don’t want the pull weight to be much lower.

2 Likes

I am on bended knee !
The only pistol I have that Qualifies for this division is a Beretta 21A. I can not even get it to hit the side of a barn door !!!
Might have to barrow one from the range.

2 Likes

Took me 10 tries. I’m getting too shaky for this shxt.

1 Like

@phuzzy42

When I shoot pistol or rifle standing I use this tall adj. bipod from Bog-Pod to help steady my shot.
BOG 1100484

2 Likes

I have a monopod but don’t use it at the indoor range because I can prop my elbows on the shooting bench… but then it’s not off-hand. I did too much stupid stuff when I was younger. Now, all I want for Christmas is a new skeleton.

3 Likes

@phuzzy42

Ok, I found a pretty one for ya…

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind rattling some bones with her but I don’t think my wife would appreciate it much. LOL

1 Like

@phuzzy42

Ok then, I’ll give you the skeleton skin suit and I’ll keep what’s inside…win, win! :+1:

2 Likes

HELL I would be happy with a boner :tumbler_glass:

3 Likes

@Turmeric

There are pills for that. :grin:

2 Likes

Since I do not own a worthy .22 pistol, I borrowed this

EAT YOUR HEART OUT. or what everelse you would like to EATOUT.

I borrowed it for the exchange of taking it apart and cleaning it for, what the owner told me, over 30 years ago. It took me 1.25 hours and OMG !!!

I had run out of December contest targets and the STAPLES on the way to the range was closed.
here RE MY FIRST 10 ROUNDS THOUGH THE PISTOL AFTER CLEANING IT.

freaking fliers

4 Likes

@Turmeric

The girl in the skeleton suit. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So does that make her NO SUBSTANCE ?

only ALL NIGHT LONG ,but sooner or later, hopefully later she would most likely leave…
Make NO bones about it :rofl: :tumbler_glass:

3 Likes