M*CARBO Brotherhood

CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 bit of play between upper/lower

I recently purchased a used CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 at a local shop. There is a bit of play between the upper and lower parts of the pistol. I did some searching around the web and it seems that it’s normal but quite annoying to me. I took it apart to see what I could come up with. Below is what I came up with.

Disclaimer: I am not a gunsmith. I will not be responsible for any damages/injuries should anyone decide to attempt this. Do at your own risk.

I took a small thin piece of aluminum, rolled it to size and stuck it in the hole where the pin goes to take up the slack. Feels better now.

If anyone sees any issue/damage this may cause to the firearm, please let me know.

IMG_0864

IMG_0866

5 Likes

After

7 Likes

They all have that play. Mine does. Don’t know if CZ had a reason for it. Knowing how good their designs are and how long the Scorpion has been in production i cant see that it’s an oversight.

5 Likes

shimming is a good temp fix, but long term fix would be to straight line ream and custom fit/turn a pin with a slide fit +.0000 -.0005 always wanted a EVO so much other stuff comes up , and with the PCCs I already have hard to commit to another, but I love the platform.

5 Likes