M*CARBO Brotherhood

CZ P-07 trigger issues

So I recently used the mcarbo video and used his felt tips and flitz polish and polished my trigger bar, sear and hammer for my P07. I also installed Cajun gun works hammer spring, extended firing pin, retaining firing pin, trigger spring and a flat trigger from Shooks which is basically a cerakoted flat trigger from cz custom. I polished and installed everything, followed the video and single action works great, very clean n crisp, pull very light but for some reason DA makes a double click noise. One being the reset at the end of the pull the first one being a mystery click sound. Sometimes the trigger won’t reset and when I fire in DA the hammer doesn’t go all the way down sometimes, it’ll stop at the half cocked position. It’s weird sometimes it does it right handed but left handed won’t have a issue. I can’t figure out what I did wrong, David at Cajun says the disco could be getting hung up on something or the sear, I took it to a “smith” and it’s been there 3 weeks. I called today to check on it and the guy said that the trigger was defective but that doesn’t make sense bc single action works great, I asked if he tried the stock trigger I left w them and he said he didn’t know and would ask the “smith” who was working on it and to call back in two days. I’m about to go pick it up and not use them anymore but I’m curious as to what’s going on, and if anyone has heard of this before? It seems the trigger bar when gently pushed against the wall or grip will make that click noise, I just don’t know how to get the disco or sear where they won’t get snagged, when I insert the sear pin or hammer pin do I need to make sure everything is in a certain position? Mcarbo seemed to just install parts and move to the next step, as I did to and followed along. Single action resets just fine, it’s only DA that gives me issues. It’s bugging the shit outta me and I’m really upset at people at the smith I use, it seems the guy that worked on my pistol got sidetracked and started working on another project from what the guy told me today, I have no idea what they did as of yet or if they even think the trigger is even defective as he said…sorry for the long winded response just wanna give as much info as possible. Feel free to ask questions. I tried it w the decocker and safety option, the only thing I didn’t do was install the stock trigger yet before I took it in, I had been working on it for 2 days and had enough pretty much. Wish I had kept it now and kept trying to fix it myself. Thanks for any insight or info you can provide. I did light sanding like mcarbo but very little, and used a felt tip to polish so no parts were changed other than it being slick and chrome, it’s weird bc DA doesn’t always do it, but it also doesn’t always reset, and sometimes makes 2 clear clicks on the DA pull.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I have a P09 I used a combo of MCarbo and Cajun. I DIDN’T change the sear spring, and pretty much what you described. My trigger is also a Cajun ‘old style’ according to the gunsmith at Cajun.
I suspect you may be having a problem with the sear resetting, but, I’m only guessing. I have taken mine apart at least twice as I felt the bearing surfaces needed more polishing. I did some light stoning of the sear mating surface on the second disassembly. The trigger may not be as light as in the video but so far has been reliable and significantly better than stock and no trigger bite. Install the stock sear spring and report back. I was VERY unhappy with the stock 09 trigger, now, it’s dramatically better.

1 Like

Thank you for responding, I’m gonna wait two days and go to the “smith” it’s at and get it back, I feel I’m getting the run around with them. I reassembled the gun at least 2 or 3 times and have the same result each time, single action is a dream, very light and crisp great reset,double action a nightmare, double click w one being the reset (if it resets) and hammer sometimes not falling completely.
So you’re suggesting ordering the heavy sear spring from Cajun? I admittedly used all Cajun springs and pins but used the mcarbo polish products and video. I didn’t install the Cajun hammer so didn’t think to order the sear spring - but may call David at Cajun and ask if this is what he would recommend, he said he thought the disco was getting caught up on something but couldn’t tell bc he didn’t have the gun in his possession which I understand. I did send a HD video to him and wish I could post it here but it will only allow pictures: it’s weird if I use DA and the problem recreates itself, I can very gently press the trigger bar against the grip or wall of the gun and you here the click sound and the trigger will reset. I think David is correct - the “smith” I took it to said they didn’t think this was the issue and said the trigger was defective but I don’t think this can be with SA working, I’m waiting for a response back as this is what I told them and also sent the video to them. I’m just ready to get my P07 back it’s been there for 3 weeks now, and feel they either forgot about it or just didn’t want to mess with it and told me that to cover their ass, after he told me about the “defective” trigger I asked if they used the stock trigger bc I left all stock parts with the box and gun and he said to call back in two days and wasn’t sure bc the guy who worked on the gun got sidetracked with another project.

1 Like

My impression is the trigger is fine. I installed the ‘old style’ type after speaking with Cajun about trigger bite between the guard and factory trigger. I no longer experience this. I too installed all the Cajun parts, longer firing pin and springs, except the sear spring, which is completely factory stock, as this is a carry gun. I’ve had no reset problems in either mode. As I stated, I polished the sear because it was rough under magnification, but was VERY careful to just remove the factory edge to a polished edge. In my opinion, I believe your sear spring is too light . I could be WAY wrong, but trying won’t hurt. I do use the 15lb. hammer spring from Cajun and not experienced any light strikes or other maladies. The gun is a joy to shoot and I’m confident it’s safe on half cock. You may also try polishing the roller over top of the trigger bar. I felt that was very rough. Just highly polish it so the bar slides easier underneath, and this helped too. The sides and the top but not too much removal !! Too far and it’s ruined. I also use moly grease LIGHTLY after assembly on all the moving parts. Please understand my goal was a better trigger, not the lightest trigger, and one pound more wasn’t a concern. The single action is around 3-4 lbs. Double is around 7-8. I’m OK with this. Your mileage may vary. I have experience with a 75D and a lightened hammer spring and stronger recoil spring and polishing. This is my comparison though the triggers are very different types. I can do more but have no need. Please err on the safe side !! Be Well.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. So basically I polished the trigger bar, plunger, part of the sear that rubs the hammer and the hammer where it makes contact with the sear. I also polished the firing pin block and roller, but only polished it using a felt tip and flitz gun polish w a dremel. I only used 1000 grit sand paper on the firing plunger and was extremely light and not very long, used low to medium rpm on the dremel so I’m pretty confident I didn’t change the geometry of the parts I polished: I also installed the flat Cz custom trigger, I got it from Shooks custom so it was cerakoted but that’s it. I installed :
Extended firing pin, ret firing pin, reduced trigger spring, 15 pound hammer spring and 15 pound recoil spring w SS guide rod.
I’ll order a heavy sear spring tomorrow and if I don’t hear anything from collectors firearms smith team by Tuesday afternoon I’m gonna pick up my gun:
Do smiths charge people for work they can’t fix? I know these people have a 50-75 estimate fee but wave it once work has been done but I don’t wanna hear any BS when I pick it up after 3 weeks if they haven’t fixed anything, other than the fee to examine the firearm. I was told repair would cost 75-150 and would be fixed, but it’s been 3 weeks now and seems like they either haven’t looked at it or gave up. Not sure what the deal is tbh. I have another smith in Houston that has great reviews and does more services than these people so may take it there next if I can’t fix it myself once it’s back in my possession: kinda mad at myself for taking it to them in the first place.
Thanks for your help and suggestions, stay safe

1 Like

Or send it to Cajun? Your probably stuck for the fee. I would try the sear spring first and see what happens. CZ’s omega triggers can be difficult to diagnose and work through the procedures one by one. If you aren’t able to fix it, please find someone who has omega experience and you will be happy with the results. Be Well !!!

1 Like

Hi Ryan,
One thing additionally. I found that the top of my trigger bar needed a little more smoothing out. I used a fine stone to do this and made sure I rounded off all the sharp edges on every moving part. This too helps. This was all done by hand with stones and finished with new 1000 and 1200 grit paper with oil on the paper, not the stones. I hope you have success.
It took approximately 6 hours, and a second disassembly to accomplish the fitting and refitting.

1 Like

Thanks for your help man! No sear spring was necessary, it actually was a defected CZC trigger that was cerakoted by Shooks Custom. I sent David a video of my grip while doing a dry fire in DA and a Thomas said he also thought it could be the trigger since the hammer didn’t drop w the slide off. I got my gun back from the smith (who took the Cajun springs, pins - literally everything I installed out) and installed everything back, and the stock trigger back aaaand gun works great in DA and SA. W the polishing and Cajun upgrades the gun is so smooth n clean operating.
So proud of myself, this was my first big project and it makes me feel better that I did everything right, just made the mistake of not installing the stock trigger back before taking it to a smith. Lesson learned I guess…
Want to say thank you for your help, really appreciate it! Take care

2 Likes

Glad you are happy Ryan. I really like my CZ’s and the combination of parts similar to yours. You gave all of us a good lesson to learn from!!

Your welcome. Be well !!! And safe !!!

1 Like