M*CARBO Brotherhood

CZ P-01: Review and Range Test

Here’s one some of you might like!

Howard

10 Likes

@hrfunk Great video. I liked my PO1, but loved it after installing the CGW Pro Kit.

8 Likes

Love the P-01. Yours looks really good in green. Mine was not dependable until I ran hundreds of rounds through it. It seems to be over it now. It’s a natural shooter. The first time I fired it was my CCL course. I scored 250/250 and I’m not that great a shot.

5 Likes

Sounds like it shot pretty well in that course. I’m glad it’s running well for you now.

Howard

6 Likes

Was so tempted by these and given the experience with my other CZ’s, I decided to snag one a few months ago. So far I’ve thrown in the MCARBO spring kit and trigger pin, CGW old style trigger as well as a Dawson Precision front fiber optic sight. Sweet shooter in a small package that thinks it’s a bigger gun. Photo is pre sight installation.

8 Likes

I really like the looks of your trigger! Mine is factory other than the M*Carbo SS guide rod.
She’s somewhat a of a red-headed stepchild with her non-typical roll mark. The frame on the other side has

the laser etched NSN # validating the bloodline for those in-the-know.

3 Likes

The MCARBO springs would be personal preference, though I’ve put them in all four of my CZ handguns. But what I would definitely recommend is either the MCARBO or CGW floating trigger pin. On both of my 97B’s, the factory roll pin would back out on it’s own from use, the floating pin solves that issue. The CGW has a minor edge on the MCARBO pin, though, and it has more to do with the slave pin that comes with for installation. MCARBO sends some kind of fiber-reinforce resin slave pin whereas CGW sends a small metal roll pin. I’ve installed both and I’ve had the MCARBO slave pin break during installation. I now keep the CGW slave pin in my toolkit for any possible future installations or mods to the guns.

5 Likes