M*CARBO Brotherhood

CZ 75 spring kit question

Just picked up this kit and the floating trigger pin for my CZ 75B and CZ 97B. While I get the trigger, sear and firing pin springs, I’m trying to understand what difference the lighter firing pin safety block spring makes?

3 Likes

download

So this is not representative of all firing pin plungers, but when the trigger is depressed, it has to overcome the firing pin plunger spring. Reducing the spring tension helps reduce the overall trigger pull. Hope that makes sense.

4 Likes

Here is a good example of the CZ 75

jlbSuqk

6 Likes

That’s the ticket! Thank you for refreshing my memory on how that works…guess I was thinking it just magically levitated on it’s own… :rofl:

4 Likes

@em44052 If I’m recalling correctly, you’re a big CZ guy. Assuming I’ve got that right, have you done any spring upgrades to your shooters? And if so, how do you like them post upgrade?

3 Likes

@chilipepper This was my most recent upgrade:

I have 4 CZs now, so I have become a CZ fan.

4 Likes

I’m only at 2.5 CZ’s, but I like 'em…particularly the 97B. I haven’t had enough time with my 75 and the Kadet adapter yet to say much on them, but I bought them because of how impressed I was with the 97B. The Czechs make a pretty good pistol, no doubt.

3 Likes

LOL… Before I read the rest of your post, I was thinking Dave has half a CZ!!! What the… then I saw where you owned a Kadet adapter. Makes sense.

How do you like the Kadet? I have been thinking of getting one for my Shadow, but they sure are proud of them. Also, not sure if it would work with my SAO conversion. Don’t see why it wouldn’t, but I need to look into it.

3 Likes

I actually like it quite a bit, she’s very accurate and I hardly had to do anything to fit it to my frame. I also like having sight adjustment that doesn’t require a punch and hammer. I’ve only had it out once in both configurations but plan on changing that this weekend. The only issue I have with it is that it’s hard to run the slide as it isn’t full, though I think they might have a newer kit where the whole slide operates (see below).

I think the adapters for the Shadows (etc.) are newer kits and probably don’t require any fitment (guessing here). I think the adapter I have is limited to certain models and after looking at the CZ website, might have been replaced with yet a newer kit. If you get one for your Shadow, I’d be interested to know the details on it and how it works for you. At the moment, the price of .22lr is hard to beat if you like to shoot…

2 Likes

Out of likes, but right now the Kadet for the Shadow is running close to 400 bucks. I have a S&W Victory that only cost around $250. It is hard for me to justify the money right now. Maybe the price will come down once the craziness dies down.

6 Likes

LMAO … you to eh?

I’m a buyer at $200 - so I barely even look. Sucks to need the Shadow version 'cause I just don’t see myself stumbling 'cross one in a pawn shop.

4 Likes

No kidding. I have the P-07 also, and even those are high $$$. Almost won a Kadet on Gun Brokers, but at the last minute, someone bid so high, it out priced a new Kadet.

4 Likes

Always hated that nth hour commando $hit with auctions. At least he had to overpay for it… :grinning:

From what I can tell the Kadet II is no more, makes me wonder how the newer kit compares to mine…and no, I won’t be buying one to find out, a bit too dear and I’m not that interested to know…

4 Likes

K … so … for the CZ fan …

On my way home today I’m picking up everything I need to complete my CZ 15 or AR 75 or Scorpidred. I’d have pulled the Scorp trigger long ago if it didn’t have proprietary magazines.

Enter: 9.25" side charging AR Pistol feeding from CZ 75 compatible magazines.

I’d have everything in the truck but Primary Arms is not accepting cash. I had to order it from the parking lot. It’ll be picked and ready by now. I’ll scoop it on my way home.

7 Likes

Sweet! I have not had the chance to try out a Scorpion, but let us know what you think.

Sounds like a reverse drug deal. :laughing:

6 Likes

Well, just finished upgrading the CZ 75B with the MCARBO trigger spring kit and floating trigger pin and, while I don’t have a trigger pull gauge, there is definitely a difference to the lighter side of things for both DA and SA. Pretty pleased with dry firing it, the true test will be at the range, hopefully this weekend if the weather cooperates. Now on to the 97B. Chris says this kit works for it, we shall see…

7 Likes

@Dred
My good buddy has a Scorpion Micro with a Franklin giggle switch. Awesome gun, I love it.
I was on the fence about getting one for myself but… the Ruger PC Charger won the day for me. The ability to run the same Glock mags as my AR9 and the forthcoming Franklin 10-22 giggle trigger that is rumored to fit the Ruger PC platform and the take down ability, was enough to swing me to the Ruger.
Plus, I can always shoot my buddies gun at his property, win, win for me🙌

7 Likes

What do you know, it does what it says on the tin… :grinning:

No issues with installation in the 97B though I’m not sure I feel as much of a difference as I did with the 75. SA is definitely lighter, DA feels somewhat lighter but without hard data from a gauge I couldn’t say how much with any certainty. Actually this all started with the 97B, specifically the trigger pin. The factory one backed out every time I’ve had it to the range and MCARBO seemed to have a solution. Figured I should go ahead and do the springs as well. Here’s to hoping the new MCARBO floater does the job. :+1:

6 Likes

I’m a big CZ fan. I’ve completely Cajunized my P 01. ( best ergonomic pistol I’ve ever handled) All springs, competition hammer-sear,reduced reach short reset trigger, extended firing pin,cool hand g10 grips and Dawson fiber optic sights.Even painted the slide lettering white.Have thousands of rounds fired over the years. Did own a 97B for awhile with the only complaint being the large grip diameter. My Kimber Eclipse is all the .45 I’ll ever need. I reload .45 and have over12,000 rounds through the Kimber.

5 Likes