Current Projects/Builds

A true Texan will understand.

9 Likes

@Texprep we have a Whataburger in Virginia lol. Just one that I’ve ever seen. I’ve never ate there it looks pretty ratty. It looks like a private joint not the chain kind.

7 Likes

I doubt it’s from the Texas chain. Doesn’t have the signature orange and white stripes. For fast food burgers, they’re pretty good. I carry a few extra pounds due to their Monterey Melt burgers.

6 Likes

Two of my favorite Texas chains, Whataburger and Golden Chick. We don’t have as many Whataburgers as we used to in Florida, makes it more of a treat when we work around one. And Golden Chich has the best yeast rolls since Quincey’s went out of business.

6 Likes

@Kona @Texprep

My 7 year old granddaughter turned me on to my first Whataburger experience this past September during my visit to Claremore, OK. My wife and I enjoyed our visit so much that it would not surprise if we decided to move out there and get fat from Whataburgers??? :+1:

5 Likes

Oh how i used love goin to Quincey and the western sizzler was big here in nc after quincey shut down but now we are left with golden corral :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

@HandyDave

Ahh, Sizzler and Bonanza… Those were the days??? Golden Corral gives me very bad indigestion, for sure! History assures us that it will repeat… I pray for the ‘cyclical adjustment’ very soon!!! Big smiles.

3 Likes

Found a couple blue lancer mags online and they arrived today. Not quite the right shade of blue but the daughter likes them. And since this build was for her thats all that matters.

9 Likes

@lonewolf

Yup, I ate there once…ONCE!

4 Likes

@dave67

I have to HUMOR my landlady once a year for ‘our’ GRAND outting… Big smiles!

2 Likes

Waiting on Hyve to put my order together and into the mail, but got my Recover Tactical rail together and on the Shield. Got to decide if I wanna pay MSRP for a PL Mini 2 or wait for a big sale.

6 Likes

Just installed the MCARBO trigger spring in my Norinco SKS. Dropped the trigger pull from about 4lbs to just a little under 2-1/2 lbs. Passes all function and safety checks. Going to the range tomorrow to do some live fire testing. I like light triggers. But my go back in with the 3.5lb spring if it’s to touchy at the range.

6 Likes

Olight PL Mini 2 came in today. Amazingly small to put out 600lm. Hyve components are in too but don’t know when I’ll get to install them. Hopefully a few days.

7 Likes

Here she is, my little Star Wars blaster is complete

11 Likes

Details: cheap Amazon laser (that doesn’t even seem standard Pic dimensions), purely for looks.

Dagger Defense 2x dot. Cheap at only $40, but it works and looks great. Might move it back a little?

Guntec USA .223 multiport comp.

6 Likes

So my my “friend” bet me I cannot build a 10.5 inch or shorter barreled ar10 in 7.62x51 and get it running right in under a year. Challenge accepted, but mu wife and my wallet are going to hate me…

6 Likes

@Chris19d So if you win does your friend pay for what you have in the build? I have read enough of your posts and seen enough of your builds to know your friend should not have made that bet.

6 Likes

@dave67 Thanks, the bets for a couple boxes of cigars. I’m 100% ill get it running decently just need to find a 10.5 barrel set up for a pistol length gas system and run an adjustable gas block to turn it down so it’s not horrificly over gased and I should be fine. Problem will be finding the barrel, I really don’t want to have to have something custom made. Shooting this things is going to be interesting, a double ear pro gun for sure, esp since the range 5 min from my house where I do my test shoots is indoors…

6 Likes

Shouldnt be hard finding a 10.5" 308 barrel but most are carbine length gas systems not pistol length if that’s a deal breaker

5 Likes

@TheThreeLaws Beware of the Weight Factor on Slide, FTE FTL etc

4 Likes