M*CARBO Brotherhood

Current projects/builds NOT firearms related 🛠

Passover??
I have all my doors on camera. Then I even have them covered from the inside as well.

9 Likes

Got the toilet pedestal corked in with the last two planks from the flooring job. It’s all screwed together with tiny brass screws. Now I need to take it apart and attend to a few little details…or later…:scream::face_with_monocle:
It can lift up for small repairs/inspection.

Soon it will be time to varnish the entire floor.:sunglasses:

9 Likes

Well they must be small mice. :rage:They licked everything out of JAWS!

Just added the small live mouse trap to see if it works better.

6 Likes

Fig Newtons are an excellent bait.

6 Likes

Snickers candy bar piece smashed onto trap trigger works great. What I did when I had a stubborn mouse/rat when I worked for terminx.

8 Likes

Put a Slurpee on an IED and I am a dead man.

8 Likes

When I did animal removal, our to go to was carmel cubes. Skunks seem to prefer mounds or anything with marshmallow.

6 Likes

Corns are growing fricken fast! One double red has it’s tassels or whatever you call them.

8 Likes

Corn looks Great! Hope you have a good harvest.

No mice in either trap last night…and all the food is still there. :rage:

Once the JAWS release the force is awesome…so “sticking” with JAWS I gave it another level…a dime fits over the food (organic almond or peanut butter) and sticks onto it perfectl🧐
Hopefully they will have to work it enough to set off the trap…:rat::boom::boom::boom:
It can also be used as more weight to trip easier if placed on the trap ledge. :grin:

5 Likes

How many ears will you get from you garden?

4 Likes

Why not use something like decon?

I’m thinking we need a gardening/animal control thread.

6 Likes
6 Likes

I am going to buy an earthway seed planter. The rabbits got most of the carrots, so some of that stuff you sprinkle around to keep them away is on the list as well. Going to get the seeder, because my wife likes to plant 10 carrot seeds in about 3in, then no seeds for 2ft then 10 more seeds in 3in. She says they are to small and I think it is her eyes and ADD that make it to much to plant 1 seed every 6in or so.

7 Likes

Dang, that’s how my dad and his brothers used to get rabbits when they were growing up in Western North Carolina. I remember his stories. I’m sure the rock was larger .lol
Larry

3 Likes

My wife used to make me pee around her garden to keep the pests away. Form a mental picture of an old man doing a sideways shuffle in the middle of the night without a light trying not to trip, and aiming so as NOT to hit any of the plants. LOL It did work, though, but it took several nights to make it all the way around the garden.

8 Likes

I’m hoping for 2-3 ears per stalk. So at minimum for the peaches and cream that would be around 200 ears, but that might be overly generous. I’d be happy with 10. And the double red I’d guess around 20-30 ears. Some will be for eating some I’ll dry for seeds. The double red is a flour or eating corn. Never grew them before. This is what they look like.

Hmm we could start a garden thread, but I’m not sure.

@Arrow that would be a good call. We toss a few carrot seeds in the hole and transplant if they get over crowded. As for decon, I don’t personally use poisions as if any other animal that eats the carcass will be poisoned as well.

@MountainHunter maybe try the trap outside of the tin?

7 Likes

At my age, I would make 4-5 trips per night. :grinning:

7 Likes

Almost ran over a few roosters on the road today. Good looking ones.

6 Likes

Coyote piss works pretty good for keeping rabbits out of the garden as well. But they make a couple different products. It keeps deer and rabbits away. My dam cat is in heat, so she is not allowed outside, but usually since she acts like a dog, she follows us around and hangs out in the garden a bit. They must smell her because I seen them around the neighborhood, but last year they left my garden alone and so far this year until she got the heats and has not been outside for awhile.

5 Likes

I am thinking about building a couple of these for the wife and I. She is all for it.
Where we live everyone rides around in side by side atv’s or golf carts. It is nothing to see the kids riding mini bikes and little atv’s around or driving golf carts as well.
My wife and I are 50, but we are not grown up either. LOL. We do not like being like everyone else and between music and art, we tend to think outside the box more than everyone else.
SO, we want big wheels to cruise around on. :slight_smile: I would mount the pegs to the frame and not the front tire however. On the front wheel look like if your foot slipped off, it could end badly.

8 Likes