M*CARBO Brotherhood

Current projects/builds not firearms related 🛠

What’s this stuff falling from the sky! Blasphemous!

We’re getting constant PSA’s regarding power outages and water supply issues. This summer will be interesting for sure.

7 Likes

First time on a lathe for years - had a lot of fun.

7 Likes

Time to recycle grey water…or are you?

7 Likes

@CatFood North My Son North! Get Out before! :laughing: We had Record New Rains last Month Since 92. Praying for You.

6 Likes

The rain is so needed for so much of life to work. But i do like those short droughts like we have had in nc. This time of year and toward end of summer i like to have a little dry time so i can really hit the rivers to stock some fish in freezer. The lower clear water during dry times makes finding some good trout alot easier as well as putting the catfish in hidy holes so i can grab them. I also have a easier time with crawfish during dryer times. As long as the dry times come and go im fine with short droughts. Its alot harder speacially wade fishing for trout when water is ripping full of debris and muddier then hell.

5 Likes

We’re whipping up a plan for grey/rain water collection. We have some leftover alumawood well use as gutters.

7 Likes

Recall when the Oroville Dam was on the verge of washing away?

Just read where over 130 houseboats had to be hauled out due to dropping water levels. It must be getting bad out West!

7 Likes

It is, granted Oroville is norcal. On my mini vacation I drove past June lake by mammoth it was down about 20 feet. That nuts. Also it was the closest to lake Crowley I got on my hike! Mono lake was down a good 10 feet! I honestly don’t know where all the water is going. I do know, when it rains CA rushes the water out to sea as quickly as possible.

5 Likes

Yup, further reading shows that something is up with the lake levels all over commiefornia-and it ain’t natural-at all!. Banksters wanting to buy up farm land cheap is one possible scheme being floated.

6 Likes

Oh its not a scheme or conspiricy, bill gates is the largest farm land owner in the USA. They have been buying up water rights left right and center. To control people, you control food and water. Not to mention were entering a grand solar minimum, weak magnetosphere, pissed sun, pole shifting and crust slipping and not touching the economy, I can’t control those, so I’m just trying to get as ready as I can :wink:. I can go on about this forever, but I’ll keep this on topic lol. If your interested, watch Suspicious0bserver’s 12,000 year cycle play list on youtube.

So today, in a few hours, I’ll be locating some food grade 55 gallon water drums. And deciding if I’ll use the alumawood for the gutters or use legit “rain” gutters as they are cheaper then I expected. Probably 3-4 barrels in a gravity fill system.

Insomnia is a bitch, and she’s in heat again :disappointed_relieved:.

7 Likes

I laugh when people say Gates is the largest farmland owner. Because farmland is only valuable if things grow on it.

4 Likes

Or if the government pays you to NOT grow on it…or:

Direct government aid, accounting for 39% of net farm income, rose to a record $46.5 billion from $22.4 billion last year. … Yes, you read that right. This year, farmers (on net) will derive almost 40 percent of their income directly from the U.S. government . Forty percent. :scream::joy::joy::joy:

Developers want easy to steal farm land too.:rage::rage::rage:

7 Likes

Your right… found this interesting tidbit.

In 2020 water joined gold, oil and other commodities traded on Wall Street, highlighting worries that the life-sustaining natural resource may become scarce across more of the world.
Regarding California.
Farmers, hedge funds and municipalities alike are now able to hedge against — or bet on — future water availability in California, the biggest U.S. agriculture market and world’s fifth-largest economy. CME Group Inc.’s January 2021 contract, linked to California’s US$1.1 billion spot water market, last traded Monday at 496 index points, equal to US$496 per acre-foot.

In California, the most recent acute dry spell stretched from December 2011 until March of last year, according to the U.S. Drought Monitor. The most dire effects took hold in July 2014, with 58 per cent of the state’s land suffering “exceptional drought,” leading to crop and pasture losses and other water emergencies.

6 Likes

CRP does not pay near what crops do. Even then what are you talking about, letting it go to grassland. Grass needs water to grow also. Not to mention if it sustained a drought, it would dry out and become prone to fire. If you have ever seen a grass fire spread, you would know it is not good, Grasses dry out much much faster and burn extremely fast compared to trees, or anything really. You do not try to put out a grass fire, right from the start, you focus only on containment.
There is land that is more “valuable” when it comes to the CRP program. It does not pay the farmer any more money. But the land near rivers, streams and lakes is more “valuable” because it filters the water. But tell that to the rich assholes that build multi million dollar summer homes on the lakes and rivers. It is wall to wall houses with hardly any lawns to filter the water. Top that off with the fact that the little lawns compared to structures and those lawns are sprayed with chemicals so they are perfect and those chemicals end up in the water and you not only got rid of the natural filtration, you dumped chemicals all over the little tiny bit left.
Personally, I think this whole thing is the heavens way of saying that it is time to shut the doors of the ark. (no more immigration) We export 92 million metric tons of grain. We feed the world! I guess if they are not going to shut the doors of the ark and learn how to treat it and the people who live in it better, then they will be starved out. That is why I laugh when people say Gates owns a bunch of land. He may think he is in control, but he is not.
Oh and a side note. You have inspired me to plant grapes next year!!! I am pretty stoked about that. I have never grown grapes.

6 Likes

Flo

6 Likes

.71” rain last night. :sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops:Gravel driveways are showing it now…:joy::joy::joy:

Everything is growing CRAZY!!! Now eating plump blueberries…:grin:

The vineyard is almost out of control…:scream::grapes::wine_glass:

7 Likes

Looking damn good there!

Corns comming up fast too!

10 Likes

Nice and healthy looking corn. I found out the neighbor next to the wife’s farmette in town is growing the same as you. I’ll swing by and get some pics.

Had the first tick on me yesterday.:joy:

Fireflies are out here…

5 Likes

@MountainHunter
And all this time I thought it was the male that lit up to attract a female.
Cool!

4 Likes

@CatFood How’s the chicks? :rooster:

3 Likes