Current *Firearms* Projects/Builds 🔫

No matter how modern the equipment it’s still Joe working on you transmission.

3 Likes

I installed the Epsilon 762 on an “Ar-47” I put together, a Ruger mini 30 and my Century C39V2 AK. I got them through Aero Precision. Very high quality and excellent performance. You made a good choice there.

6 Likes

Going to start working on my stag 15. It has a vortex strike eagle optic on it. Gun shop put a fore grip on it. Thinking of taking the grip off, for a bi pod… thoughts? Suggestions on a bi pod?

4 Likes

The UTG side mount are reliable and stable. Magpul are stable as well. What does your handguard look like?

6 Likes

Heres a link…

4 Likes

Side mount bipods give you a lot of options in additional equipment. Also easy to carry.

4 Likes

Limited experience here but…

I started with Cvlife (aka “el cheapo”) bipods that mount to sling swivel studs off mlocs. They work but have some “wobble” even when you put weight on them to take up the “slack.” Imho, ok for hitting “critical mass” at 50 or 100 but probably unsuitable long term for “moa” shots (1 to 2 inch radius - target types). For a better bipod, I’d look at the ones that mloc or pic rail mount (cost more and not really quick disconnect.)

:turkey: :giddy_guns:

7 Likes

For that setup I have used the direct mount Magpul. It has a tension screw for cant. It felt very positive on even a long AR10. I was using the sling mount model on the AR10, it was as sure as the direct mount. The feet are also replaceable, if you want to go with something different.

4 Likes

I’m going to bed the new 700 to this…

As shown, it’s been wiped down w/mineral spirits to show off the grain, will get a nice, boiled linseed oil finish when all is said and done.

16 Likes

Definitely deserves the eggplant. :grinning:
:eggplant:

6 Likes

Very nice piece of wood you have. You and I appear to be old school in a lot of our collections, :wink:

My new M1A with the Archangel® precision rifle stock, and this one has all the bells and whistles. It’s nice but…But a woody is a woody :rofl:

I started looking for the old wood stock like the M-14 really had. My oldest son had several extras from building other M1A’s to his satisfaction including changing stocks to tactical types.

I didn’t know that until he found out I was hunting one . :grinning:
Soon I’ll share a picture of it.

Larry :innocent:

7 Likes

Is that new or used? Where did you finally find it?

10 Likes

Its a new reproduction M 40 stock. Found it on Ebay of all places.

11 Likes

Couldn’t stand the scope height on the 700 anymore so I did something about it this AM.

Made some shims from .038" stock.

Fine-tuned for fit.

End result.

11 Likes

Installed the flat trigger on my Beretta X Performance. Makes it sao, but left it with almost no take up and a great reset.

14 Likes

I also changed the take dow lever. The original one just got in my way. I could not find black in stock, so settled on stainless.

12 Likes

That’s a mighty purdy gun. Just sayin’ :drooling_face:

9 Likes

Installed the M*CARBO trigger kit in my coworker’s CZ P10C…

Neat 3D printed adjuster fixture made setting travel a breeze.

Reset is much nicer, light trigger pull too.

fjb

8 Likes

Lok Grips?

4 Likes

Picked this off the retail wall at my gun club last night and tinkered with it. Never heard of or seen these.

I think some ex-KelTec engineers started another company and did some really hard drugs and this happened.

First impression… pretty cool backpack size gun but a bit heavy and the trigger pull and reset sucked big time.

7 Likes