M*CARBO Brotherhood

Concerning The Safety Plunger

Hey guys, so I installed the All In One Kit and other than my Gen 2 Glock S2K not wanting to go back together (my pin locators are super sloppy) I got it finally.

My question is this: does the safety detent normally appear like it could come out of the frame? Mine is being held by, what I would estimate to be 1/3 of the detent in the frame. There also seems to be 3 positions now before you reach the “E” clips. I rotated it and found nothing that would indicate it is out of place but before I shoot it I thought I would ask you guys.

I’ve been through the FNH, Beretta and Glock armorers courses and this thing gave me fits!

Thanks!

6 Likes

have you watched the all in one installation video?

@samsgreen I would say that your very visable detent is normal but my safety has only two positive positions/clicks…on & off.

4 Likes

@samsgreen My Glock Sub2K’s safety detent is like yours or worse in the frame. Sometime back I ordered extra detents and they came 2 in a package,1 small and 1 large in diameter. Mine uses the smaller one. I sent a ticket to Kel-Tec questioning if there had been an updated safety selector made. Their reply was the larger one was for the Gen 1 Sub but if I wanted to send mine back they would look at it. I declined as it got a little easier to push with use. As for the “3” positions you detect now I don’t have an answer.

2 Likes

@samsgreen I have to correct myself, there are two different detent showings. With the gun fired then put on safe only about half detent showing as in my last picture but if you charge the gun then put on safe I see almost all of detent like this picture.

6 Likes

I did, twice before I started and had it on during the install.

3 Likes

Wow, ok I guess mine is good then. I dont think mine comes out that far but its close. Thanks for the pic!

4 Likes

when describing an issue pictures are worth a thousand minutes.
Good to hear you are back to nominal!

2 Likes

Yeah I know, I’ve got to sit down and figure out the picture thing. Thanks

1 Like

On the picture thing. first take picture and save it somewhere
When composing a post and whenever you want to include a pic go to the icon above your composition box(where you are typing) about in the center top is an icon that is a rectangle *just about in the middle of the icons. Click on it it will open as ADD AN IMAGE from device or from web.Choose either and choose file.
Go to that file and click or double click(depnding how you have your computer set) then after you do that you will be back in the ADD AN IMAGE box, click on upload. look at bottom of compose box to watch progress.
Image should be in the preview box to the right.

4 Likes

Mine is the same way after using the kit. Looks like the detent pin is being magically held in place. To be honest, I didn’t get a good look at it before I broke it down but it definitely didn’t have the extra click you mentioned and it does now. I managed to break one of the e-clip retaining rings also. Ordered a couple from Kel-Tec to be on the safe side for future projects.

2 Likes

I had the same concerns as you after upgrading my SUB the safety detent seemed to be out further than before, but after checking my buddies SUB-his is the same. But I think an order to Kel-Tec is in the future for a spring, detent ball/plunger and a couple other goodies for spare parts…

2 Likes

Ok well after I posted a mini-book, I have to do this one pic at a time. First one is in the “middle” position, but still on “safe.” On the opposing side the “E” clip is not flush with the frame. I wont include the first pic because its basically the “E” clip sitting on the frame. Pic 2 enroute…

2 Likes

This is the one that concerns me. It is barely hanging on, or so it appears. I should have taken a pic from the inside and I will if it helps.
Thanks for all the help so far, I REALLY appreciate it!

I apologize for the inadvertent plug for another website via my coffee cup.

2 Likes

IMO … It should not. The primary purpose of the ball and detent are to generate tactile feedback on engagement or disengagement. It does also provide some resistance to inadvertant movement.

In the attached pic the ball cannot escape. The side of the grip half is restricting the exit port. Hit it with a black sharpie so it stops staring at you when you flip it upside down or hold it over your head. It’s just taunting you.

4 Likes

@Dred thanks, I think you are correct. It does bug me and I hope I do get used to it. I did order 4 (each) clips, detents and springs today just in case. I’m going to finally get some rounds through it tomorrow, I put 1k through it before the All-in-One kit to make sure it was GTG, which it was.

3 Likes