Competition Shooters Pub

Well, if you ever come down and shoot @ PSC in Friendswood Tx. let me know. That’s the shooting club I’m a member of and we have monthly IDPA matches.

3 Likes

SWGC Stage 8 CO win out of 23 and 7th Overall out of 66.

5 Likes

Interesting…

6 Likes

It would be interesting to know the “Average Placement” of individuals using a particular model. I can’t find that stat. Post it if 'ya got it.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Next week is my IDPA Intro class. Then the following week is my first competition match. My goal… don’t 'F up, and to have fun meeting new people.
I will be shooting 9mm in two different classes. “Enhanced Service Pistol” (ESP) using my Glock 17 and also “Pistol Caliber Carbine” (PCC) with my KelTec S2K. Both firearms use the Glock 17 mags.
My question… for matches that are primarily 7 to 15 yards to target… which grain 9mm is best? I have plenty of both 115gr and 124gr.
Any thoughts appreciated. :+1:

6 Likes

I cant answer your question as of best weight ammo to run during competition. But do wish you good luck sir in your first comp. You gonna have to get you a go pro so we can see your feats and fails here on the forum. You know this bunch will only give you helpful constructive criticisms. :joy: but seriously good luck brother

5 Likes

Participated in my 1st IDPA event last night. My Glock 17 was considered an ESP (Enhanced Service Pistol) class because of the stippling on the frame (pretty bogus rule, but…). I finished 1st in my class and 2nd overall. The guy that beat me has done IDPA for many years and had a red dot optic (CO class - Carry Optic)… I just used my iron sights.

It sure is FAR more fun to shoot IDPA than just stand behind a gate and put holes in paper. You do some serious defensive shooting. And I met a freakin’ ton of really great people.

Next match is on Monday. I need to try and get some video shot like @Kona posts… and a YouTube account to post I guess. Or, is there a better place to post than YouTube? I kinda think they are commie bastards with their woke censorship.

11 Likes

@TexasEskimo i don’t really care about YouTube. I only post there to share here.

10 Likes

Rumble seems to be catching on.

5 Likes

Nice job!

Your irons will serve you well. I know @Kona is a fan of red dot and I get where he’s coming from, but I suspect it takes longer to be proficient with the RDS as well. I would guess that the other dude is probably well versed with his, much like you probably are with your Glock irons.

Training with your chosen system is likely the key, lots of training. Just as Kona how many rounds he blows through per month on practice…

Kinda? :laughing:

They might not be as blatant as some services, but there’s definitely some filtering and feckery afoot…I’ve seen it in firearms related channels I subscribe to.

You shoot that Kimber yet, wanker? :grinning:

8 Likes

@chilipepper Dave I have a RING’S prop LEO Glock 17 at home as well as the G-Sight system. I work hard at muscle memory. Example, I got an IDPA approved holster last weekend and spent 4 to 5 hours practicing and perfecting my draw. I did it while watching football. Lol. I also pay $70/hour at my range… training with a former Marine pistol CCP “Expert” qualification. He doesn’t get paid to be nice to me… he gets paid to make me a far superior marksman.

Going to stay in the “non-optic” pistol division using the irons. After I get more familiar with the IDPA rules and course layouts I will start shooting in their PCC division using my KelTec S2K and a red dot optic.

Still wanking…

giphy_3oEjI80DSa1grNPTDq_fixed_width_8140356908768

@Kona Thanks for the lead on the new feet coming in about 2 weeks… :+1:

6 Likes

…as I suspected. And you dare call yourself a Texan…

May the ghost of Johnny Mo haunt you in your sleep! :grinning:

5 Likes