M*CARBO Brotherhood

CMMG Resolute - Review and Range Test

Hi all! Here is a new rifle review for any of you who might be interested in the CMMG Resolute. Be sure to let me know what you think of it!

Howard

11 Likes

@hrfunk Just ordered one of the MK4 oversized charging ambex handles… to upgrade the first of the frankenARs, been looking for one of these, exactly what i need , already went Giselle on triggers for all but 1 so far. .Thanx Howard!

6 Likes

@hrfunk

Howard,

I am definitely impressed with the Resolute. The MSRP isn’t out-of-line with the others, though I have to agree with you and the ‘lack of a scope.’ I find myself cringing on ‘anything’ over $1000, but I guess that is because I don’t have the kind of money to fund my ‘toys.’ I tend to take more time and get more enjoyment out of building my firearms. I end up exceeding my budget now. I cannot make any sense out of that! Big smiles.

4 Likes

Believe me, I understand! I have to come up with some “creative funding solutions” to finance my interest in firearms. The Resloute is a nice rifle and it performs well. It’s also pretty well equipped (at least the Series 300 version). Still, the fact that as soon as you purchase the rifle you have to turn around and plunk down more money for a sighting option bothers me. At least include a set of inexpensive flip-ups so someone can take it out and shoot it!

Howard

4 Likes

@hrfunk

To be honest, my Glock 17 Gen 4 was my 1st purchase in 2012. It was my ‘first’ itch scratched after growing up with my father and (plinking) with his 357 Magnum and 38 Special. We would tow a pair of dirt bikes to the (Gravel Pits) in North Jersey on our SUNDAY ADVENTURES. That ended when my father divorced my mother and the military took over with their testing. You know ‘the story,’ 30 years later and I got a ‘serious case’ of the HIVES!!! :rofl: I figured that I had better (at least) learn how to service my own weapons… That ended up in (3) costly rebuilds with the Glock! I then had become disabled after a heart attack. My ‘creativety/solution’ was to shoot the 22 caliber. I had learned about Tactical Solutions and Advantage Arms ‘conversion kits’ through my internet research. I was then spending all my FREE TIME at the range (when I was not at the doctor’s or cardiologist…) Not only was I becoming fairly proficient at handling my guns at the range, but I was becoming quite the ‘armorer…’ :grinning: This ‘hobby’ was now becoming ‘addictive!’ Of course I had to get my CCW FL License (out of state) since I live in Maryland and state legislature fails to ‘support’ our 2nd Amendment Rights (SHYING FROM POLITICS…) Of course one can not experience LIFE sitting behind a computer and LEARN through ‘others’ sensory of eyes and ears, and the HARD CORE DEFICIT OF ONE’S WALLET??? I spent 100’s of hours and ‘countless’ FTF and FTE rounds before the LIGHTS REGISTERED IN MY HEAD. It was best to return the kits and learn more about the make up of the different ammunition, so my adventure began??? :cowboy_hat_face: Hence, I had spent some time with the American Gunsmithing Institute actively studying and departmentalizing their Glocksmith Armory Program. I cannot tell you the fun I have making all those ‘improvements’ on my Glock. I know that my confidence has grown quite a bit on firearms and I have not only had the opportunity to share some wonderful experiences with others, but I have made some wonderful friends along the way, both in the ‘vendor world’ and among the range! I have also learned a lot by purchasing a Ruger SR 22, a fantastic 'pocket pistol and an amazing ‘little shooter?’ I had added (3) Twin Tech Barrels.I also changed to a ‘solid’ recoil spring that made ALL the difference in ‘performance…’ It became MY ‘tack driver!’ Big smiles! :+1: So,after my ‘armorer’ class, I had developed quite the passion for firearms! I grabbed a ‘few’ DVD’s on the Ruger 10/22 and headed to the BENCH in my garage. I found myself 'back on the internet and signing up with the MCarbo Brother, last November! @ChrisNelson, selling me a 10/22 trigger kit… I have made 3 Custom 80% guns since and have ‘completed’ the American Gunsmithing Practical Course… I guess that the courses have enabled me to learn enough to be ‘dangerous?’ What ‘else’ can one say??? :rofl:

5 Likes

So progresses the firearms addiction. At first you experiment “just for kicks.” The later on you try to convince yourself “I can stop any time I want.” It’s only after you find yourself on the street one day, selling yourself for ammo money that you start to think you might be out of control! I would write more, but I have to stop so I can go sell myself for ammo money.

Howard

5 Likes

@hrfunk

So much thanks for your support, brother!!! :cowboy_hat_face: I thought that I ‘may’ have been getting progressively worse through the ‘aging process’ and additional medications that impair my operation of dangerous ‘heavy equipment!’ :grinning:

2 Likes

I was building a 300.blackout and studying bullets and loads. I came across a discussion on iv8888 where some good points regarding the 7.62x39 round were made

Now I had left the ak realm years ago as I wanted an ar style that would shoot the 7.62x39 reliably and accurately.

I had heard of the cmmg mutant years ago but man the price tag. I figured other companies would come out with something as good but cheaper. Well it doesnt seem like other companies have garnered the reputation cmmg has with this platform.

I am currently waiting for my resolute to arrive.
I think he affordability of the steel case ammo and the soft tip 150 grain hunting round make extended range session less painful. The acceptable accuracy the cmmg platform provides is with steel case ammo is great.

So I cant wait to get back into the 7.62x39 cartridge.

2 Likes