CMMG Banshee 9mm

Here’s a pistol you all might find interesting!

Howard

9 Likes

@hrfunk Great video Howard. I did recently see the CMMG Banshee at a Gun Show in a bronze color chambered in 5.7x28 but would much rather have it in 9mm so I am looking forward to your range day with it. Also, could a standard safety selector switch be installed to delete the lever on the right side of the receiver?

5 Likes

I think you’re going to like the range-review! To answer your question: yes, you could put a standard safety on the Banshee and alleviate the issue with the ambi lever.

Thanks for watching!
Howard

7 Likes

@hrfunk You state in the video that the Banshee weighs 10lbs. 4oz. That’s a little heavy for such a small weapon Howard. I also don’t care for the ambi-safety. Looks like it would rub my trigger finger raw. I do like it though.

4 Likes

@hrfunk

Howard, it looks like a highly priced, over-weight, good looking toy… In my opinion, as a hobbiest/custom builder, I would challenge myself to build a most lightweight, more cost effective ‘toy’ to benefit myself in pushing my own limits!!! However, a well given and informative video. I am looking forward to the range reviews.

Blessings,
Lone Wolf

1 Like

The weight was a complete missstatement on my part. I meant to say 4 lbs, 10 oz. Sorry! I didn’t catch that until someone else asked about it.

Howard

4 Likes

@hrfunk

Well, Howard, I always did welcome a challenge. However, I may have met my match? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

@hrfunk

Thanks for the great shop review of the Banshee (especially along with the stated weight correction).

Looking forward to your range review.

1 Like

Thank you! That video is in post-production and should be up soon. Although, now I have to go back and record a correction to the weight gaff I made in this one!

Howard

2 Likes

I enjoyed both the shop review and the range review. I agree on the points you made against it.

2 Likes